The Southern "Irish"

Started by rrhf, January 30, 2009, 05:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Pints, this isn't a schoolyard, so spare me the childish nonsense about running away. Anyway you know I've never "run away" from you and never will. I've addressed your points ad nauseam. I'll take your latest batch of questions together and summarise by saying I don't feel any responsibility for either your bad memories or the fact that you "were sold out". Sorry - wasn't me or anyone belonging to me. I'm not assuming you expect me to answer for where Kevin Barry is buried.

pintsofguinness

I'm not asking you to take responsibility for anything, I've pointed out that southerners have done nothing to help the North, you could have backed us, demanded answers from the Brit government, treated the men who died for your freedom with a little bit of respect and allow them a dignified burial but instead yous licked Britain's hole and woudlnt do anything that might upset them yet you spout about living in this "republic" - a "republic" without a backbone I'm afraid.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on January 31, 2009, 04:03:15 PM
You're ranting now.

If I was "ranting" you'd be able to counter my argument, you've got nothing to say because you know I'm right. 
Your inability to answer me when I asked you yesterday about what YOU ever done for the north (i.e. did you ever ask a politican standing at your door when he was going to start speaking out against the Brits murdering catholics) suggests to me taht like an awful lot of southerners you done NOTHING!  You slept sound in your bed at night while we were wondering who was gonig to be next and then you'd feel you had the authority to come on here and preach to northerners about "moving on".  Unbelieveable.

Puckoon

Pints, just out of curiosity - What would your response be if Hardy said he did do all those things you are accusing him of not doing?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2009, 04:22:59 PM
Pints, just out of curiosity - What would your response be if Hardy said he did do all those things you are accusing him of not doing?
Id say fair play, pity there wasnt more like him.

ziggysego

I've never used the term Freestate/Freestater, but know who do and they don't use it as an insult. More to say that region of Ireland that is free of British rule.

As to say that people in the South don't care about the North.. well none of the ones I know. From Donegal to Offaly and Monaghan to Waterford, they all seem to care. It's just not in the forefront of their minds, like many up here. And why don't it, the economy is falling apart and we've all more important and pressing things to be worrying about.
Testing Accessibility

whiskeysteve

Wow did this thread escalate or what.

Only thing I dont like about Mexico is aspects of Dublin and the Ivory Tower media (Sunday Independent). Really not at all sorry to see SIR Tony O'Reilly getting hit by the credit crunch. But this is a very small minority really (I have never ever felt like I have been 'preached to' or criticised in person over being a northerner)

But theres nothing better than trip across Ireland (usually for a GAA match) and having the craic with folks from other counties, north south east west.

People are always the best when brought together in the context of the GAA, thank god for it
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 04:16:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 31, 2009, 04:03:15 PM
You're ranting now.

If I was "ranting" you'd be able to counter my argument, you've got nothing to say because you know I'm right. 
Your inability to answer me when I asked you yesterday about what YOU ever done for the north (i.e. did you ever ask a politican standing at your door when he was going to start speaking out against the Brits murdering catholics) suggests to me taht like an awful lot of southerners you done NOTHING!  You slept sound in your bed at night while we were wondering who was gonig to be next and then you'd feel you had the authority to come on here and preach to northerners about "moving on".  Unbelieveable.

No, you're not right. You're ranting. Your questions are self-righteous, self-justifying, of the "when did you stop beating your wife?" variety. Who are to to decide what I should or shouldn't do, did or didn't do "for the North". What did YOU ever do for the North? Why do you assume you did more than  me? I wouldn't ever dream of asking anyone that question normally, but how do you like it? Of course you could say what you like. How could I know? See why your question to me is nonsense? No matter what I said, someone here would call me a lying blueshirt or a West Brit. And I'd be supposed to take it because if I insulted in return the whinging would echo to the heavens.   And now you begrudge me my sleep? You're not suggesting you didn't sleep for 30 years? Why is it OK for you to sleep, but not for me? And you say that's not ranting?

See - I can rant too. Where did that get us? I'd just like you to stop insulting me.

pintsofguinness

Dead right you can rant.  How have I insulted you?  I'm asking you something and your refusing to answer because you can't. 
Maybe I'm making you feel guilty, I don't know, it's hardly my fault you done nothing. 

Hardy

What did you do again? Why do I have to answer your questions, but you don't have to answer mine? And you continue to insult me. Please stop it. For the record, I have nothing to feel guilty about (in this context anyway). Do you?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

I'll happily answer your questions when you answer mine.  What am I insulting you about?
I'm glad you feel guilty, you should.

muppet

I was called a Northern B*stard while playing for the Poly against Dundalk RTC and I was called a FreeState B*stard playing against Queens.

I took both as compliments.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 04:58:15 PM
I'll happily answer your questions when you answer mine.  What am I insulting you about?
I'm glad you feel guilty, you should.

Why did you just type a lie by stating the direct opposite of what I've just told you? I do not feel guilty.  And you have no right to tell me I should feel guilty. Is that clear?

I'm finished with this childishness. Now you will finish this by accusing me of running away, which you know will be another lie. I won't insult you in return. I can't resist remarking, though, that the only running away admitted to here recently was by yourself.

Oh - I would hate to leave a question unanswered: what did I do for the North? As much as you. Feel free to answer my questions any time you're ready. Bye.