Author Topic: The Late Late show  (Read 217270 times)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
Re: The Late Late show
« Reply #2130 on: February 22, 2019, 10:24:43 PM »
At least it saves me some money but disappointing to see us Nordies excluded from the late late competitions.
Fancied that trip to Lisbon with 10 grand on the hip. Brexit backlash on the LLS?

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 22, 2019, 11:53:23 PM »
At least it saves me some money but disappointing to see us Nordies excluded from the late late competitions.

Partitionist b**tards!

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #2132 on: February 23, 2019, 10:30:52 AM »
Maybe if ye volunteered to pay €160 to RTÉ they might let us back in😉
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Shamrock Shore

• We are proud to be Larries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 23, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »
Maybe if ye volunteered to pay €160 to RTÉ they might let us back in😉

And we volunteered to pay their licence fee to watch GB and NI television................(excluding UTV cos that's shite). To be honest, I think we are getting the better deal here!

6th sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
Great show tonight, Rod Stewart singing Grace and emotional re 1916 and even name checking internment , so poignant given the Bloody Sunday fiasco this week.
Though revisionists and apologists try to underestimate the historical significance of 1916 and the anglo-Irish war, this was an extremely proud moment in our history as a nation , it’s ironic that it was  emotionally recognised even by a knighted cockney tonight, fair play Rod.
The parents of the 1916 generation survived the famine, and at that time there was an environment which quite frankly had enough of imperialist bullying. They stood up to an empire and history showed that the British , as always in these circumstances, didn’t play by the rules . That same ( we’ve had enough) mentality engendered the civil rights movement of 50 years ago, and we see now 50 years later that the British still are not playing by the rules, they’ve ignored the GFA, they’re still manipulating and dodging a bullet in Bloody Sunday . Irish history has shown that things happen in cycles I’ve no doubt that Ireland will once again say enough is enough ! Time for the end game , united ireland and finally wave goodbye to Britain’s ignominious involvemrment in this country .

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »
Rod Stewart was fantastic I have to say. Comes across as very down to earth and very sincere. Standing ovation at the end

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 16, 2019, 06:42:12 AM »
It was a good show tonight for a change alright.
I enjoyed the Rod Stewart section.I didn't think he did a great job of singing Grace though imo,or of Maggie May for that matter

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 16, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »
Great show tonight, Rod Stewart singing Grace and emotional re 1916 and even name checking internment , so poignant given the Bloody Sunday fiasco this week.
Though revisionists and apologists try to underestimate the historical significance of 1916 and the anglo-Irish war, this was an extremely proud moment in our history as a nation , it’s ironic that it was  emotionally recognised even by a knighted cockney tonight, fair play Rod.
The parents of the 1916 generation survived the famine, and at that time there was an environment which quite frankly had enough of imperialist bullying. They stood up to an empire and history showed that the British , as always in these circumstances, didn’t play by the rules . That same ( we’ve had enough) mentality engendered the civil rights movement of 50 years ago, and we see now 50 years later that the British still are not playing by the rules, they’ve ignored the GFA, they’re still manipulating and dodging a bullet in Bloody Sunday . Irish history has shown that things happen in cycles I’ve no doubt that Ireland will once again say enough is enough ! Time for the end game , united ireland and finally wave goodbye to Britain’s ignominious involvemrment in this country .
What's the plan then for the 1 million or so British people in Ulster?

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 16, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »

They are welcome to stay in Ireland if they wish.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 16, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »
I enjoyed the Rod Stewart section.I didn't think he did a great job of singing Grace though imo,or of Maggie May for that matter

Well he is in his 70s.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #2140 on: March 16, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »
There'll be no change for those who live in the Cavan/Dpnegal/Monaghan part of it anyway.
The 800k in the other 6 Cos. - check the GFA. The entitlement to British, Irish or both citizenships/ pasdports/nationalities remains.
Mind you if the Scots go Independent first....???
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:18 AM »
There'll be no change for those who live in the Cavan/Dpnegal/Monaghan part of it anyway.
The 800k in the other 6 Cos. - check the GFA. The entitlement to British, Irish or both citizenships/ pasdports/nationalities remains.

We have British people living in Monaghan  :o

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 16, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »

Sir Rod..... indeed.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 16, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »

Well he is in his 70s.
74 and had to recover his voice after a throat cancer operation.
He still plays football.

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 16, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »
No flies round you.