Author Topic: The Late Late show  (Read 218322 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: The Late Late show
« Reply #2115 on: February 08, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
Valentines Day edition tonight. My God. If this is what post Catholic Ireland looks like, bring back Archbishop McQuaid.

Amen to that.

Post catholic Ireland really is a fucked up place.

Tubberman

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 08, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »
Valentines Day edition tonight. My God. If this is what post Catholic Ireland looks like, bring back Archbishop McQuaid.

Amen to that.

It's mainly the ould Catholics left watching the Late Late
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 08, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »
Saw a bit of the last Valentine's Day one... pathetic cringeworthy shite. I don't think you have to be a Catholic to see that.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #2118 on: February 08, 2019, 11:04:27 PM »
Itís a cringey Friday night tv programme ffs. Ireland doesnít ever want John Charles McQuaid or anything like him back. Thatís a poor comment tbh.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 08, 2019, 11:06:50 PM »

Amen to that.

It's mainly the ould Catholics left watching the Late Late

But if thatís the case, why put on this valentines shite? Anyone who regularly tuned in wonít be tuning in tonight.

Itís be like Daniel OíDonnell putting on a heavy metal concert at one of his tour dates.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »

Amen to that.

Sunday mass used to be like a Late Late Show Valentine's special - except the priest would choose which young boy he wanted to have sex with afterwards.

At least this show involves consenting adults (at least I think so, notwithstanding the amount of alcohol clearly consumed).

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 08, 2019, 11:31:44 PM »

Amen to that.

Sunday mass used to be like a Late Late Show Valentine's special - except the priest would choose which young boy he wanted to have sex with afterwards.

At least this show involves consenting adults (at least I think so, notwithstanding the amount of alcohol clearly consumed).

Ah come on. Sure as Fr Ted said...

"Say if there are 200 million priests in the world and five percent are paedophiles. That's still only 10 million."

Seriously though, youíre exaggerating just a tad.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 09, 2019, 03:00:39 AM »
Itís a cringey Friday night tv programme ffs. Ireland doesnít ever want John Charles McQuaid or anything like him back. Thatís a poor comment tbh.

The pendulum swings too far in each direction. We don't want Charles McQuaid, nor the opposite, but something in the middle.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 09, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »
Sid that's a ridiculous comment to make. Is that really what Sunday Mass used to be like. The thousands of good decent hard working priests who don't think like that at all should be hugely offended by your attempt to label the vast majority of good priests with the relatively small number of offenders.

I'm not an apologist for the Catholic Church, far from it, I take the view they are bang out of order on a range of issues, but I couldn't let your lazy analysis pass without letting you know it's cheap and particularly nasty.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 09, 2019, 09:34:10 AM »
Sid that's a ridiculous comment to make. Is that really what Sunday Mass used to be like. The thousands of good decent hard working priests who don't think like that at all should be hugely offended by your attempt to label the vast majority of good priests with the relatively small number of offenders.

I'm not an apologist for the Catholic Church, far from it, I take the view they are bang out of order on a range of issues, but I couldn't let your lazy analysis pass without letting you know it's cheap and particularly nasty.

Well said. As I said before on this forum my uncle was a priest in South Korea on the missions. He worked hard building churches and the like. He was no paedophile either, judging by all the well wishes from people out there at his funeral. And like yourself bannside, I think the church got an awful lot wrong too. I also believe they should stay out of referendum campaigns and primary schools also.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #2125 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
Sounds like the Tubridy sh1te hit a new low last night?
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 09, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Im not sure the quote was intended to be taken literally
Careful now

Sandy Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 09, 2019, 06:16:32 PM »

+1
"Stercus accidit"

Dolph1

• Trump 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 09, 2019, 07:24:57 PM »

Sid - or Eamonnca1 as he is otherwise known as on the board - has a hatred of the church which he's displayed many times due to their conservative outlook and will use any excuse to stick the boot in.

Don't say a bad word about lads in dresses or illegal immigrants or he'll be calling you a names quicker than a Virginia governor can get out the shoe polish.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 22, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
At least it saves me some money but disappointing to see us Nordies excluded from the late late competitions.