Presbyterian Mutual Society asks for help!!!!

Started by Jimmy Joe, January 30, 2009, 09:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

aroundincircles

For god sake these poor people who invested for what they thought were the right reasons no matter what their religion is here.You have to feel for them most of these people have lost all their savings. Terrible state of affairs am sure they probaly are honest good hard working people.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stew on January 31, 2009, 11:06:19 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 07:51:16 PM
I'm a realist stew.

So in your view a realist is automatically a pessimist?????
Yes, life is a bitch, the sooner people realise it and stop living in cloud cuckoo land the better.

milltown row

there's a credit union on the doagh road in a Orange Hall right beside the local Pub in Rathfern (rathcoole area)

who woulld use that

does the Catholic Church have a bank? would they not give them a few pound?

Tonto

Personally I'm not sure that these people should get a bailout or gov't help; simply because I don't know a thing about it and I suspect that most people on here wouldn't be fully tuned into the complexities of the economy, the recession or important things for the gov't to invest in.

However, and I'm just guessing here, you can tell me whether or not you disagree; but I reckon that had this been the Catholic Mutual Society, the usual bitters on here would have been ranting about how the "big, bad Bruddish government" were being sectarian for not saving them...

Just a thought.

pintsofguinness

However, and I'm just guessing here, you can tell me whether or not you disagree; but I reckon that had this been the Catholic Mutual Society, the usual bitters on here would have been ranting about how the "big, bad Bruddish government" were being sectarian for not saving them...
I dont think so.  There's your paranoia again.

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 11:41:23 PM
???

Minder

If something similar happened to a  catholic mutual society they would be marching up and down the falls rd with the white buckets stopping the traffic
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 11:41:23 PM
Pints at least be honest. The reason you say "f**k them" is not because of their poor investment choices but because they are prods. At least some of the other numbskulls are honest enough to admit their own bigotry.

Milltown that Credit Union is behind the Cloughfern Arms in a loyalist heartland so it doesn't really conform to the theory that prods don.t use the credit union. Not unless the residents of Bawnmore are the only users!

pintsofguinness

tony
QuotePints at least be honest. The reason you say "f**k them" is not because of their poor investment choices but because they are prods. At least some of the other numbskulls are honest enough to admit their own bigotry.
No, I say f**k them because it's an odd pres only credit union like joint and I'd suspect their motives. 
If it was a similar catholic organisation Id say the same.

You can believe me if you want but have you ever known me to hold back on what I think on any subject?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 01, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
tony
QuotePints at least be honest. The reason you say "f**k them" is not because of their poor investment choices but because they are prods. At least some of the other numbskulls are honest enough to admit their own bigotry.
No, I say f**k them because it's an odd pres only credit union like joint and I'd suspect their motives. 
If it was a similar catholic organisation Id say the same.

You can believe me if you want but have you ever known me to hold back on what I think on any subject?
You'd suspect the motives of the organisation or the people investing the money?

pintsofguinness

Double Cross

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 11:33:13 PM
Yes, life is a bitch, the sooner people realise it and stop living in cloud cuckoo land the better.

Life is what you make it.

Maguire01

Totally agree. It's old people with retirement savings that will suffer the most here and that's nothing to be laughed at. I can guarantee that if the Catholic Church had a similar Society, the parents or grandparents of a large proportion of people on here (including some of those sneering) would be in the same situation.

However, rather than a government bailout, i think the Church should bail it out, as i'm sure it was the trust in the Church that would have been a primary motivation for such people investing there in the first place.