Tyrone to Gaza

Started by give her dixie, January 29, 2009, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

What a story! Should get wrting a book, with all profits going to gaza.

truely amazing
Pull hard and early

longrunsthefox

While John and the rest of the drivers have done a fantastic job, why do charity workers from here now always seem to feel the need to get the natives to wear GAA tops? 

Doogie Browser

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2009, 03:34:19 PM
While John and the rest of the drivers have done a fantastic job, why do charity workers from here now always seem to feel the need to get the natives to wear GAA tops? 
Its called spreading the word of this great sporting and cultural movement that we should all be proud of. 

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 12, 2009, 04:00:52 PM
Its called spreading the word of this great sporting and cultural movement that we should all be proud of. 

As opposed to the Catholic missionaries in the old days trying to impose their beliefs on the indigenous folk!  Seems a bit wierd to me  but don't want to be too churlish as John and the others on the convoy have been magnificent.       

Doogie Browser

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2009, 04:11:06 PM

As opposed to the Catholic missionaries in the old days trying to impose their beliefs on the indigenous folk!  Seems a bit wierd to me   but don't want to be too churlish as John and the others on the convoy have been magnificent.      
Wise up and run along, let this thread remain as it is.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 12, 2009, 04:20:41 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2009, 04:11:06 PM

As opposed to the Catholic missionaries in the old days trying to impose their beliefs on the indigenous folk!  Seems a bit wierd to me   but don't want to be too churlish as John and the others on the convoy have been magnificent.       
Wise up and run along, let this thread remain as it is.

Wat are you slabbering about? I'm only making a point. Is called freedom of speech. You highlight half the sentence while I also said the work they did was magnificent. 

Norf Tyrone

It's not a GAA top to the people of Gaza. It's just a top. Something to help keep them clean and warm. The reason that there are usually so many GAA tops as opposed to normal tops is that, as we all know the GAA is a organisation based on giving.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

You're a feckin legend GHD.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Awesome John, stupefying, look forward to your homecoming shindig. Go h-iontach ar fad a chara!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 12, 2009, 08:49:22 PM

It's not a GAA top to the people of Gaza. It's just a top. Something to help keep them clean and warm. The reason that there are usually so many GAA tops as opposed to normal tops is that, as we all know the GAA is a organisation based on giving.

Indeed Norf, this lad is lost to the Hoganstand.

maggie

Quote from: give her dixie on January 30, 2009, 12:45:38 AM

As this is a GAA board, how about donating some jerseys from your club or your county? It would be good to see a few Palestinians in your club colours?

This was in the original request from John-so thats probably the reason longrunsthefox  :-\ :-\ :-\

P.S. Deadly work-such an achievement.

maggie

Quote from: hardstation on March 12, 2009, 10:14:40 PM
A bit of a messed up post from maggie

Yea-just noticed that HS-but sure, as always can rely on you to pick up on it  ???
Been a long day.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: maggie on March 12, 2009, 10:17:16 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 12, 2009, 10:14:40 PM
A bit of a messed up post from maggie
Yea-just noticed that HS-but sure, as always can rely on you to pick up on it  ???

Pot, kettle, and now what am I?  :D

longrunsthefox

Jeez-I poked a rotweiller with the observation about the jerseys. Sorry it offended a few people.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 13, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
Jeez-I poked a rotweiller with the observation about the jerseys. Sorry it offended a few people.

Well it just that this has been a trully inspiring Story ,throughout the whole thread all you can read is positive posts and stories so no need to throw a spanner in the works about questioning the Gaa Jerseys and as the tayto ad says there is allways one  ;)   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001