Minder

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 29, 2009, 02:19:38 PM
VDS
Turner Vidic Lescott Laursen
Young Ireland Gerrard Fat Frank
Nasty Nic Agbonlahor

Honourable mentions for Alonso, Arteta, Zaki, valencia, Bullard & Schwarzer

Anybody who names rooney, ronaldo or carragher is blinded by big red blinkers

3 goals in 18 games, all penalties.................
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Laursen has been out injured the last month and won't be back for another two months. I'm not sure if being out that long makes him worthy of a place.

Mayo4Sam

True but so far laursen has been high quality

Zaki has been in great form for wigan
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Minder

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 29, 2009, 02:28:39 PM
True but so far laursen has been high quality

Zaki has been in great form for wigan

See my previous post.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

I obviously don't watch enough of other teams except United.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 29, 2009, 03:26:30 PM
I obviously don't watch enough of other teams except United.

Stop bringing rational reasoning into it.

nrico2006

QuoteRonaldo can't be on the team on his form to date imo. Lescott could easily go into defence. Only three United players - mainly because they've had so many injuries in defence and so many changes in their midfield. Rooney ain't a shoo-in either but I think he's had one of his better years this year before getting injured. Berba won't be far away either

Ronaldo has 10 league goals in 19 appearances has he not, surely thats deserving of a place and isn't bad form.  In comparison to last season its is less impressive, but in perspective its very good for a man who missed the start of the season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rav67

Schwarzer
Bosingwa Vidic Laursen Clichy
Gerrard Lampard Alonso Young
       Agbonlahor RVP

tyroneboi

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2009, 12:29:46 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 29, 2009, 12:26:08 PM
I see Fergie has been canvassing for Giiggs to get POTY

FFS, where did you see this?
Dont tell me Fergie has lost the plot as well.........

Heard Ferguson at that craic last week. The sly fcuker knows voting takes place around now so he is trying to sway the vote. Heard the ones on Sky talking about that as well on Soccer Saturday.

Norf Tyrone

Haven't time to post a team, but Bosingwa has at times been a liability for Chelsea this year. His defending is rubbish, and note how many times i.e. none he gets to the dead ball line and pulls a cross back.

At the other end of the spectrum Super Frank has been unbelievable this season, and watching almost all of every Chelsea game this season I'd say it's his finest ever for Chelsea. To be honest at times we have been a one man team.

If Chelsea's team performances had been better I would suggest Frank would arguably be POTY. However I'd yield to those nodding to Vidic, Young, etc. Felliani and Jagielka get honourable mentions to be different.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Why is everyone picking Van Der Sar as best goalkeeper for 2008?  ??? He may well have been the best, but he doesn't stand out to me as having been that far ahead of the rest to justify almost everyone choosing him.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2009, 11:15:11 PM
Why is everyone picking Van Der Sar as best goalkeeper for 2008?  ??? He may well have been the best, but he doesn't stand out to me as having been that far ahead of the rest to justify almost everyone choosing him.

I don't think he's been that great but he has a lot of clean sheets. Think he can thank the lads in front of him for most of those though.

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 29, 2009, 11:17:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 29, 2009, 11:15:11 PM

I don't think he's been that great but he has a lot of clean sheets. Think he can thank the lads in front of him for most of those though.

How many times is he called upon to make a save in an average game?

Again, he may deserve it, but if you'd asked this question a month ago before the clean sheet run, I doubt if Van Der Sar would have been the first name on many people's lips.

Norf Tyrone

I think Myhill, and the Boro keeper (Turnball?) have been very good when I have seen them. Sorenson was also superb in the game v Chelsea a few weeks back.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone