The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Not good news for the scousers coming into the most important 6-8 weeks for any team hoping to win the League :o

Chrisowc

I never thought I'd see the day when I was more gutted that Aurelio is injured more than Fernando.

Somebody must have spiked Rafa's drink when he watched Dossena play.  I honestly wish the ref had just sent the tube off the other night for his foul at the edge of the box.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Whacker on November 28, 2008, 09:09:19 AM
Hope to fcuk he doesnt play yon Ngog of whatever you call him!

Liverpool have some big games coming up where they need to pick up all 3 points..

Could be in trouble

Ngog is a forward version of Djimi Traore....
Times like this you would nearly wish Vororin was still about.....
God I feel dirty after saying that  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool have been drawn away to Preston North End in the 3rd round of the F.A Cup,to be played the weekend of January 3rd/4th
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea no longer odds on, and have yet to travel to Old Trafford, the Emirates, and Anfield.
Utd will be delighted that they're in touch, despite having had an awful run of fixtures.
A win tomorrow for Liverpool will see them top the table in December - something I've not said since 1990 ish..

Chelsea 11/10 Bet
Man Utd 9/4 Bet
Liverpool 3/1 Bet
Arsenal 20/1 Bet
Aston Villa 150/1
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

J70

Arsenal would be well worth a flutter at 20/1. They're only seven points back with six months left in the season.

Hank Everlast

corn02

Laoislad, is Arbeloa winning you around yet?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 01:01:18 PM

I wouldn't say winning me around,Though he certainly is improving..
I still think we need a new left and right back if we are to mount a serious title bid after christmas.
If Arbeloa gets injured there is no one to replace him,also if Aurelio gets injured all they have is Dossena..
It was a huge mistake to let Finnan go,even if he was only going to be used as cover this season he should have been kept
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 01, 2008, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 01:01:18 PM

I wouldn't say winning me around,Though he certainly is improving..
I still think we need a new left and right back if we are to mount a serious title bid after christmas.
If Arbeloa gets injured there is no one to replace him,also if Aurelio gets injured all they have is Dossena..
It was a huge mistake to let Finnan go,even if he was only going to be used as cover this season he should have been kept

Yeah can't disagree with any of that. Wasn't having a pop or anything it is just that he has certainly steadied himself. I have been impressed with him this season, the quiet player who gets on with the job. of course having Carragher there would make most look excellent, but good to see our first-choice full-backs heading in the right direction.

Minder

Its time for a few players to satrt showing their worth, expecting a big game from Keane tonight. If Babel starts he has to start delivering, he cant always have the "impact sub" tag. I would give Mascherano a rest as he looks knackered, play Babel on the right and Keane and Kuyt up front.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nifan

Id go with that alright Minder.
Id like to give Insua a go at left back ahead of Dossena, but I doubt Rafa will go for that,

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nifan on December 01, 2008, 01:49:05 PM
Id go with that alright Minder.
Id like to give Insua a go at left back ahead of Dossena, but I doubt Rafa will go for that,

Said same thing myself a few weeks back..
I would like to see Babel get a role up front with Keane tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Aye well you could swap Babel and Kuyt, as long as Benny Hill isnt playing i will be happy enough.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Would love to see Babel on the right but has Rafa ever played him there? (not from the start anyway)

I'd played Insua at left back, Dossena in his recent games (infact 90% of games) looks the biggest liability ever. Never tracks his man into the box, heads it across goal, makes the rest of the defence look dodgey etc etc.

Hope to god we can score in the 1st half tonight because the longer these games go on we get very nervous and are a threat to our title challenge