The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

I'd go with NI's pecking order too. I have to say i thought the english midfield was poor last night in a creative sense and that'll be the main reason lampard will loseout to gerarrd

bingobus

I'd prefer if they picked Alan Smith in the role with Joey Barton as the creative player along side him. That way they'd never win another bloody game  ;D

I missed the world cup presentation last night at the end of the game, Setanta mustn't have had the rights  ;D

Mentalman

Hargreaves is a lot more than just a defensive midfielder. I think his versatility for England was nearly his downfall. He's best as a box to box midfielder, with a good shot, and good setpieces. A fine player if he can stay fit. Definitely ahead of Barry in my book.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

J70

Anyone arsed about this game?

I don't think I've ever been more pessimistic, fatalistic and indifferent to a Liverpool V Man Utd game as I am to this one.

Liverpool haven't scored against United in the league for four years, while United have been comfortably the better team in the last few meetings. Liverppol are playing absolute rubbish at the moment, have nothing whatsoever to offer down the wings (and who is really expecting Riera to set the world alight in his very first match, against opposition of this calibre?) and Torres and Gerrard, if they play, will hardly be completely match-fit.

2-0 to United for me, assuming Ferguson lets them out to play instead of packing their midfield and sitting back trying to nick a 1-0 ( and why wouldn't he encourage them to attack after recent meetings? - could even be 3-0, but that doesn't bear thinking about at Anfield!).

Over the Bar

QuoteAnyone arsed about this game?

Doesn't look like it J70. Seems the Liverpool fans on here are more worried about the right midfield combination for England! wtf?

Minder

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 12, 2008, 09:25:16 AM

Doesn't look like it J70. Seems the Liverpool fans on here are more worried about the right midfield combination for England! wtf?

Agree OTB, i found that a little peculiar, but i wasnt aware Uladh and Full Back had converted to the dark side...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 12, 2008, 09:25:16 AM

You still haven't answered my question?

stevo-08

ok,what do people think the likely lineup will be. probably hard to know as it depends on Torres & Gerrard's fitness.

I'd like him to go with:
             Pepe
arbeloa carra skrtel aurelio
            masch
kuyt       gerrard      riera
        Keane Torres

I was at the corresponding fixture last year and if memory serves me right, the team was: pepe, arbeloa, carra, hyypia, riise, benny, gerrard, masch, kewell, kuyt, torres.

a really bad performance and the ones in bold above were exceptionally bad. Gerrard seemed to be playing a more defensive role & didnt feature, with Masch going forward.  :o The team only started to threaten when Babel came on in 2nd half.

Anyway, if you compare last years starting team to the one predicted above, then there is some ground for optimism. However, that's obviously on paper and our form this year is really worrying. So that coupled with the fitness of gerrard & torres would make all Liverpool supporters pessismistic for tomorrow.

However, I'd like to think we will be strong enough defensively to keep them out. And then you never know....

An Fear Rua

your all f**king arsed about , whether it be your worried that utd might inflict a heavy defeat or liverpool might grab a win against the odds/form book.
If any of you say your not your no liverpool fans.

Im arsed about, utd are expected to do well, liverpool are well overdue something from the fixture, and I the horrible consideration that I  might have to watch that happen from the stands, or the wonderful scenario of watching utd win
Its Grim up North

girt_giggler

IF Torres is out i'd like to punt Babel up top.

bingobus

Hard to see a classic as usual in these fixtures. Single goal could well be enough to take it and would dread to think that if Liverpool go behind it will be curtains.

Don't expect both Torres and Gerrad to play, of the two Torres would be most important to play but if he has any doubts no piont risking him. Think he played in this game last year on similar injury and struggled before coming off at half time.

If its Gerrad could see playing in the hole with Robbie up front on own, Riera one wing and Kuyt the other, Alonso and Mash in MF with both getting forward. Need to put United under pressure and keep them on back foot. Tall order.

Going for a 1-0 to the pool with Robbie Keane getting off the mark.

gawa316

If gerrard and Torress fit I'll go for

Reina
Arbeloa, carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Gerrard       Keane      Reira
                 Torres

Without them

Reina
Arbeloa, Carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Babel        Kuyt         Reira
              Keane

gawa316

Over the Bar

QuoteI like the look of this...

Each to his own... :-\

stevo-08

Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2008, 12:39:16 PM
If gerrard and Torress fit I'll go for

Reina
Arbeloa, carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Gerrard       Keane      Reira
                 Torres

Without them

Reina
Arbeloa, Carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Babel        Kuyt         Reira
              Keane

That first team with gerrard & torres looks good gawa, was thinking about that myself. But there's just no way in the world that rafa wont play kuyt. Also, i doubt agger will start. Hasnt started a PL game yet this season so will hardly throw him in against utd. Stoke next week should give agger a chance to impress.