The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

I saw a fair bit of the friendly v Tranmere. Certainly had a pre-season friendly vibe about it. Liverpool dominated for 90 minutes but hardly created a clear cut chance. Cracking goal by Benayoun at the end of the first half to win it.

Highlight for Liverpool was the return of Agger.

Degen came on for the second half, and was very keen to charge forward. Looks to have good touch and good ability. Reminded me a bit of Heggem. His defensive ability, which is supposed to be his weakness, wasn't tested at all. But at first glance he does look a good option for right back against the rubbish teams. Could be an option at right midfield also.

A young 17 year old Spaniard called Pacheco played up front. Showed small glimpses that he might be an exciting prospect. Nemeth wasn't invovled - I think he's away with a Hungarian underage side.

Team: Martin, Hobbs, Carragher, Agger, Insua, Darby, Lucas, Plessis, Pennant, Benayoun, Pacheco. Subs - Aurelio, Cavalieri, Degen, Flynn, Gerrard, Hyypia, Kelly, Skrtel, Spearing, Voronin.

puskas

Nemeth's leading Hungary out in the Under-19 Euro Champo Finals in Czech, first game tomorrow.

doire legend

sign robbie keane.. keep alonso and don't sign barry.. watch us go

Mentalman

Stoke agree fee for keeper Carson 

Stoke City have agreed a fee of around £4m with Liverpool for England international goalkeeper Scott Carson, BBC Radio Stoke understands.

Carson was at the Britannia Stadium on Monday to open negotiations over personal terms.

The 22-year-old joined Liverpool from Leeds for £750,000 in 2005, but spent last season on loan at Aston Villa, making 35 Premier League appearances.

Carson, who has two caps for England, would become Stoke's record signing.

The proposed £4m fee marks a major reduction in the player's asking price, with Liverpool previously holding out for around £10m.

However, Carson was critical of his original price tag, claiming it could price him out of a move.

Aston Villa had been favourites to sign Carson on a permanent basis, but manager Martin O'Neill's interest appeared to cool with Tottenham keeper Paul Robinson emerging as a more likely target for the Villans.

Liverpool, who have already sold Peter Crouch to Portsmouth this summer, are keen to free up transfer funds as they look to finalise a deal for Villa captain Gareth Barry and continue to chase Spurs striker Robbie Keane.

Stoke, meanwhile, will hope that Carson follows midfielder Rudolph Austin into the club, the 22-year-old midfielder signing in a £1m deal from Jamaican side Portmore United.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/7505679.stm
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

GalwayBayBoy

Heard an Italian reporter on sky sports news at lunchtime saying that he thinks the Alonso to Juve deal is dead.

4 million for Carson is a bit disappointing as he was being put in the 8-10 million bracket a while back but no point in keeping him and at least we managed to make a decent profit on him.

Mentalman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 14, 2008, 03:59:24 PM
Heard an Italian reporter on sky sports news at lunchtime saying that he thinks the Alonso to Juve deal is dead.

Sissoko said similar this morning too, Alonso basically doesn't want ot move, and I think Rafa hinted at that too last week.

corn02

If Alonso deal falls through, Barry deal will probably follow suit and ONeill may find himself in a pridcament.

bingobus

Well if he doesn't want to move and Juve don't want to force it i.e. pay big money then we should cool on Barry and refocus our targets elsewhere  - strikers and widemen.

Cash in - Crouch 11m, Riise 4m, Carson 4m, Intandje 2m, Cuthie 2m = 23m

Cash out - Dossena 7m, Brazilian Kepper 3m, Degan Free, couple of kids 1m = 11m.

Surely we have the difference to spend plus a few other pound?

By the looks of it we haven't a bob to rub together and it wouldn't surprise me if our future sending was limited to 10m or so  :'(

Looks like we'll be signing the Fat Michael Keane rather then  Robbie Keane.

corn02

Kean and Silva will be the last of our spending.

Mentalman

Has to mean the Alonso move to Juve is off the agenda, therefore Barry too?

A player I've always realy liked myself, and a not so bad price either:

QuoteJuventus have finalised the signing of Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen from Sevilla.

Poulsen has accepted a four-year contract with the Italian giants and has cost a fee in the region of 9.75million euros (£7.8million).

His arrival in Turin has not proved to be a universally popular choice with Juventus supporters, who feel Poulsen is too similar a player to Mohamed Sissoko.

However, the former Schalke midfielder is relishing the opportunity to play for Claudio Ranieri's side in the coming season.

Proud

"I'm really glad to join such a prestigious club," Poulsen told the club's official website.

"Juventus are one of the top teams in the world and I hope I can do well here.

"I think playing at Sevilla was a good experience for me before joining Juventus.

"I've already seen my new team-mates play several times because, as I said, this is one of the top clubs in the world. They have a great history and I'm proud to be here."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_3818718,00.html

Chrisowc

Tottenham have accepted an offer from Man Utd for Berbatov.  Where does that leave us with Keane?  I'd be surprised if they'd sell both of their strikers.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 14, 2008, 10:55:26 PM
Tottenham have accepted an offer from Man Utd for Berbatov.  Where does that leave us with Keane?  I'd be surprised if they'd sell both of their strikers.

That's what I was thinking too. It also means Spurs are in the market for a striker, and perhaps they might use that 28m for David Villa, although I don't think that he'd be keen.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stevo-08

I think spurs will go after santa cruz.

Been a very frustrating summer as a LFC fan - the likes of Santa Cruz, Bentley, Keane all up for grabs & Rafa seems to have put all his efforts in getting Barry, which due to the Alonso situation might not happen now.

Rafa has promised a top striker this summer and I just hope he delivers. However with Man U looking to raise the bar further with berbatov, it looks like another disappointing season for Liverpool. I also think Spurs will come very close to getting into the top 4 places.

full back

Where did you see Spurs have accepted bid for Berbatov?

I see Arsenal have been mentioned has having an interest in Barry?
Doubt very much Wenger will splash out that sort of money.....

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!