The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

i think pennant just tries to chase every ball and make every tackle in an attempt to show willingness, he just got a bit carried away last nite... It was more over eagerness than anything else.

Hound

Decent result, not a very good performance. Porto played really well in the first 15/20 minutes, but while they owned the ball for most of the rest of the game they never really threatened. Liverpool had 3 half chances in the last quarter and could even have taken an undeserved win. After the first quarter, Liverpool's defence defended very well. But the distribution was awful and contributed to Porto having so much of the ball.

Aurelio looked in A1 condition when he came on, so he should see plenty of action in the upcoming games

magpie seanie

I think last night shows that Alonso is a huge loss to Liverpool when he's not playing. There's no passing game without him on good form. The amount of times Super Steve gave the ball away cheaply was untrue.

Kentucky Blue

A point is not really a bad result away from home, sure half a loaf is better than no bread at all!

Typical pennant though, he simply cant tackle (bit like paul scholes)

Gerrard didnt set the world on fire but confident Porto can be turned over at Anfield for sure.

Fr Ted

Very lucky to get a point last night, poor attacking performance from Mascherano and stevie G, as for pennant a waste of space, needs a shave and a hair cut, just does'nt do it for me at all.

But a point away from home is a good result especially after the below par display

Balboa

That is probably the hardest match in the group out of the way already though so there is not too much cause for concern.

Rossie11

We will take the point away from home after a poor showing.
But last night again showed that despite what Sky reckon Gerard isnt (and never will be in my opinion) a centre midfielder.
Mascherano isnt a creative player so it was up to Gerard to provide the guile which is needed in Europe. He doesnt have it.
Great engine for bursting into attacking positions, great heart, spectacular goals but no footballing brain.
Right back, right side of midfield or not on pitch at all

deiseach

Have to laugh at George Hamilton creaming himself at the ovation Ronaldo received from the Sporting fans as he went off tonight. Nothing they haven't been doing at Anfield for decades (former players that is, not Ronaldo)

gawa316

Alonso and Agger out for 6 weeks, bollocks!!!

supersarsfields

Bollix. Alonso will be a loss but with the amount of CM's we have it's a loss that can be dealt with. Agger on the other hand is a disaster. No harm to Hypia but he's done. Got turned over for his lack of speed against Porto and that will happen constantly. Just shows how dodgy it was not to get a decent back up to agger and Carra in the summer.

gawa316

I wonder will he move Arbeloa or maybe even Riise (Think he's moved in before) into centre back now Aurelio is back? Sami is grand against your physical striker but as soon as he comes up against a speedster with good movement he's bucked!

tintin25

Quote from: deiseach on September 19, 2007, 11:06:39 PM
Have to laugh at George Hamilton creaming himself at the ovation Ronaldo received from the Sporting fans as he went off tonight. Nothing they haven't been doing at Anfield for decades (former players that is, not Ronaldo)

I'm sure most clubs would do it...not just at Anfield.

J70

Looks like Hyypia made the right decision to stay! Arbeloa can also play center-half if needed, and the return of Aurelio will free him up. At least we're not short of cover in the center of midfield, although Alonso had made a very good start to the season.

stiffler

Liverpool TV about to air at 6pm, should be good viewing!

How considerate are they to delay the start of the transmission til after Neighbours!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on September 20, 2007, 05:57:18 PM
Liverpool TV about to air at 6pm, should be good viewing!

How considerate are they to delay the start of the transmission til after Neighbours!

I have NTL Digital with the Setanta Sports pack but can't find the Liverpool channel..

Win tomorrrow would be great as Chelsea and United will take points of each other on sunday whatever the result
You'll Never Walk Alone.