The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Lad nobody will know if its good value for a season or two.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 06, 2007, 11:44:00 AM
QuoteAre you winding me up or are you serious??

No - when I opened that page after you posted yesterday it said the £26.5M as mentioned above. When I checked it today its says £20M. Weird.

Anyway, Graham Hunter last night on Newstalk reckoned it was (including Garcia) something from £24-25.5M. If it was £20m it was great value in a market where Bent cost £16.5M. Hunter reckoned otherwise and that Athletico had done well out of it.

Guillem Balague was on saying it's a straight £20M. In fact £20.2M to be exact but let's not quibble over £200,000. ;D

Over the Bar

QuoteHe says "Its the only other club I would have considered in England".
The player is Kenny Dalglish.

The only other club in England???? 

What was the other club??

SammyG

Just on 5Live that Bellend is going to West Ham. Excellent news, he should never have been allowed to darken the door at Anfield, in the first place.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 06, 2007, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 02:38:33 PM
Just on 5Live that Bellend is going to West Ham. Excellent news, he should never have been allowed to darken the door at Anfield, in the first place.

Good Riddance, no place at Anfield for Cnuts like that.

sure its full of them  ;D
seriously he is a scum bag

Balboa

Quote from: new devil on July 07, 2007, 03:22:10 AM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 06, 2007, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 02:38:33 PM

Good Riddance, no place at Anfield for Cnuts like that.

sure its full of them  ;D
seriously he is a scum bag
Rooney will be able to show Tevez all the best whorehouses in Manchester.....

Uladh

Quote from: Balboa on July 07, 2007, 11:54:18 AM
Rooney will be able to show Tevez all the best whorehouses in Manchester.....

Good one  :D

:-\

corn02

I quite liked Bellamy, did not get enough chances for me.

Did United get Tevez, would be a superb signing for them.

Balboa

Happy enough to get decent money for Bellamy, i thought he maybe just wasnt good enough in the end. All this shit about good riddance cos he is a wee f**ker is enough to make you puke. Who cares about his personality as long as he is not interfering with team morale,Maradona was a wee **** too but i think you would have had him on your team. It isnt the boy scouts. Anyway decent bit of business shifting Cisse (who i dont think got enough chances as a central striker) & Bellamy to recoup some of the Torres money. Cant wait for the new season to start.

Uladh

How much did Bellamy cost and how much did they recoup?

How much did cisse cost (£15m?) and how much did they recoup?

corn02

I believe we got Bellamy for 6 or 8 million? A buy out I do believe and we will probably get a similar figure back.

Cisse was £14 million and I think we are getting just over £6 million for him. Big loss there.

But every team has there big losses on players.

Over the Bar

QuoteBut every team has there big losses on players.

Without a doubt.  The more you have to spend, the more you will f*ck up in the transfer market now & then.   Look at Celitc blowing most of John Barnes transfer funds on Rafael Scheit, who tunred out to be eacatly that - S*h*it!

Now Liverpool seem to have about the same dosh to spend as their rivals, it will be interesting to see how they go about spending such a budget and this season putting so much into an obvious goal-getter. If they focus their play on getting the ball to Torres to score, will they leak more?  Their odds on winning the prem have shortened dramatically, however United have ploughed a different furrow by off-loading a 25+ goal man to win back the prem title but scoring just as many goals as before!  Can't see any individual player on the United team scoring more than 16/18 this season as others will now be chipping in from all over the place.   Intersting season ahead!!

corn02

Interesting indeed OTB.

I see Benitez said he would prefer four strikers scoring 15 more than one scoring 20, so rotation will probably happen again. Although with Torres' fee he will probably play most games and I would imagin Crouch and Kuyt will be rotated quite frequently.

Uniteds break down of goals will be close and Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez will probably end up just shy of 20. Either one could top score.

Over the Bar

QuoteI see Benitez said he would prefer four strikers scoring 15 more than one scoring 20

60 instead of 20 - hardly a maths genius then Senor Daft-Beard!!  :P