NFL Kerry V Donegal

Started by J70, January 28, 2009, 01:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Its like a challenge match now with the result decided long ago.

Kerry Mike

Paul Galvin makes way for Kieran OLeary,

Lots of black books, no yellows but Gallagher and Griffin lucky to avoid.

Ronan o Flaherta on for Tommy Griffin and Paul O'Connor for Declan

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Griffin hits both posts and the ball does not go ove.

Roper scores the rebound

2-12 to 10 6 mins to go
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

length of the field and a fine score from Gooch. 2-13 to 10

Daniel Bohane on for Aidan OShea
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Marc OSe lucky to avoid a yellow, point for donegal from free, 2-13 to 11

Great block by Ger Reidy to save his line at the end, David Moran grabs the 45 under the crossbar and its Game over. 2-13 to 11

David Moran man of match, was the dominant player and covered the field

Game was over after the 2 early goals , Donegal kept on going but never really threatened to close the gap.

A valuable 2 point and gets the league off to a flying start but its a tough game next weekend in Omagh.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

RMDrive

Poor from Donegal. The score flatters us cause we only started to get a few points when Kerry took the foot off the pedal. The backs were totally unable to cope with the Kerry forward unit and too many players were anonymous for most of the game (Kavanagh, Bonner etc).

WTF is your doll from TG4 wearing?

J70

Apart from maybe Griffin coming in, I don't think there will be too many established players worrying about their places on the Donegal team this year. Perennial bit-part players like Dunne and McMenamin showed nothing - it took lads like Barry Monaghan, Neil Gallagher and Brian Roper to get anything at all going. Donegal will have a tough time staying in the division, but then I don't think relegation this year would matter that much, as Division 2 is strong as well. Doherty should probably continue to experiment.

RMDrive

Though JJ was a bit slow to react int hee first half. As he said himself the game was over after 15min and how long did it take him to make an adjustment ???

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 01, 2009, 04:02:23 PM
A valuable 2 point and gets the league off to a flying start but its a tough game next weekend in Omagh.

Sun 15th February
Healy Park, Omagh@14:30    Tyrone    v    Kerry
Allianz National Football League Second Round

Wouldn't want to see you on a phantom game chase there KM  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Midman

Quote from: J70 on February 01, 2009, 03:49:01 PM
Quote from: Midman on February 01, 2009, 03:37:41 PM
Nice Donegal point!  On a completely unrelted note I've always like the Kerry and Donegal 'Away' jersies

Donegal are wearing the Ulster colours. The second Donegal strip (which they'll wear against Antrim in the championship) is all green with a gold hoop, similar to Kerry's jersey (it used to be Donegal's regular gear, but they changed in the '92 semi because of the clash with the Mayo jersey and decided to stick with it).

I thought they looked like Ulster Jersies, trying to remember what Donegals alternate kit looks like and for the life of me can't

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 01, 2009, 04:14:13 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 01, 2009, 04:02:23 PM

Sun 15th February
Healy Park, Omagh@14:30    Tyrone    v    Kerry
Allianz National Football League Second Round

Wouldn't want to see you on a phantom game chase there KM  ;)

Tony can get you a good deal in a Hotel for the weekend Kerry Mike ;)
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: Midman on February 01, 2009, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 01, 2009, 03:49:01 PM
Quote from: Midman on February 01, 2009, 03:37:41 PM
Nice Donegal point!  On a completely unrelted note I've always like the Kerry and Donegal 'Away' jersies

Donegal are wearing the Ulster colours. The second Donegal strip (which they'll wear against Antrim in the championship) is all green with a gold hoop, similar to Kerry's jersey (it used to be Donegal's regular gear, but they changed in the '92 semi because of the clash with the Mayo jersey and decided to stick with it).

I thought they looked like Ulster Jersies, trying to remember what Donegals alternate kit looks like and for the life of me can't

Kerry Mike

QuoteTony can get you a good deal in a Hotel for the weekend Kerry Mike

feck off there is a recession on, If I travel I wont be spending much in Tyrone, will bring my own sandwiches and me trusty auld bottle of tae

Have to go to Croker again on 14th Feb to hopefully see two South Kerry teams contesting All Ireland titles. May be a push to get to Omagh if there is celebrating to do on Sat night.  Have to break the news to herself yet that Valentines night is going to be spent in Croke Park supporting 2 Kerry teams with not a northern team in sight   :P
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

Kerry looked very good, to console donegal fans Stephen Griffin looks a class act. The rest of the performance was rubbish though. Thats as bad a div1 performance as I've seen for a while.

J70

Quote from: RMDrive on February 01, 2009, 04:13:59 PM
Though JJ was a bit slow to react int hee first half. As he said himself the game was over after 15min and how long did it take him to make an adjustment ???

Maybe, but the biggest problem was in midfield, where we got completely cleaned out in the first 20 minutes - we're not exactly overburdened with talent in that area. Kerry were winning a ton of ball around the middle and releasing it quickly into their forwards, so there wasn't a whole lot the backs could do with the waves of attacks coming at them. That said, the first goal was a mess, between Gooch winning it and Durkan getting caught in no-man's land as he watched it dribble past him. Durkan also gifted them a point with an awful short kick-out, while he hit one or two more balls over the sideline. But then again, there probably wasn't too much showing for him.