Firewors at Croker - How?

Started by Bud Wiser, January 27, 2009, 02:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Just a little thread, don't mean to take from the Tyrone -  Dub's thread.

Was just thinking of trying to bring me little grandson to this but one thing puzzles me.  Unless you are on Hill 16 say, or put another way, if you are up in the back of the stand how will you see the fireworks when they go up??  Or am I loosing it??
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Carmen Stateside

Would it be possible for all to see if the fireworks took place behind the Hill?

saffron sam2

You could watch them on the big screens.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Bud Wiser

There is no place behind the Hill only the railway line.
If you are in the top deck of the stand or at the back of any stand you would not see anyway.
Not the correct answer I'm afraid!!
Any other ideas??
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Over the Bar

Well if the ad is anything to go by they'll be launched from the roof.  I'm sure that having spent a reported £500k on them there will be more than enough for everyone to get a good view of some of them.

winsamsoon

They could be aimed at a specific angle so that they would explode above the pitch giving everyone a view??????? (only a guess) Or they could always get a few cliftonville or linfield supporters in to hurl a few onto the pitch  ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D.

Has anyone got a schedule for saturday night?? Ie times for each thing. I was going to go for a few pints before the game but i would like to see the fireworks myself  :) It's the child in me.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

magpie seanie

Probably going myself as I have to be in the capital next weekend (missing the glamour of Sligo v. Kilkenny in Markievicz). A timetable of what's happening and when would be handy.

RMDrive

7.30 - match.
9.00 - 500,000 Euros being wasted.

full back

Quote from: RMDrive on January 27, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
7.30 - match.

FFS, why dont they have the fireworks beforehand?
Probably the only chance of getting the Dubs in on time ;)

illdecide

Lads/Ladies does anyone fancy meeting up for a few jars before the match...Me, Winsam and an other are going...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tankie

Quote from: full back on January 27, 2009, 04:24:06 PM
7.30 - match.

you gotta be taking the piss, there is noway they are have the fireworks after the game!
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

7.30 - match.

I presume the fireworks are first? Sure by the time the game is over half the crowd could be gone. ;D

longrunsthefox

I don't know why everyone is in such a flap about cost of fireworks... councils put them in the air every year and is hardly a word abut it...combine all those..  occasion will generate that money anyway. I am looking forward to it and taking the cubs to it 

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on January 27, 2009, 05:14:51 PM
7.30 - match.

you gotta be taking the piss, there is noway they are have the fireworks after the game!

Sure why do you care,I thought you were boycotting it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 27, 2009, 05:30:49 PM
Quote from: Tankie on January 27, 2009, 05:14:51 PM
7.30 - match.

Sure why do you care,I thought you were boycotting it?

I was gonna watch them from the protest outside so it would suit me better if they were on first  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!