NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I'm listening to Northern Sound radio and they've just reported Tipp beat Louth. This is like an episode of Lost :D

Tatler Jack

RTE had a report on the Tipp/Louth game earlier

Trevor Hill

I have been listening to LMFM on line, it seems that they are running about an hour behind the actual radio broadcast, so the result may be as stated on Aertel. ???

Mourne Rover

Looks as though Down are promoted unless we lose by ten points or more at Hyde Park. I think that Roscommon, Cavan and Liimerick can match our total of eight points but they all have poor scoring differences. A collapse against Roscommon is not impossible but it really should not happen.

Trevor Hill

Sun 12th April
Round 7: Roscommon V Down
venue:Dr Hyde Park, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:David Coldrick)

Round 7: Louth V Cavan
venue:Drogheda, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

Round 7: Tipperary V Longford
venue:Thurles, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:Michael Collins)

Round 7: Offaly V Limerick
venue:Tullamore, time:2 30 pm, (Ref:TBC)

Trevor Hill

1 Tipperary 6 5 0 1 5-80 4-68 15 10
2 Down 6 4 0 2 4-80 5-57 20 8
3 Cavan 6 3 0 3 0-72 4-60 0 6
4 Roscommon 6 3 0 3 3-67 2-71 -1 6
5 Limerick 6 3 0 3 3-58 4-63 -8 6
6 Offaly 6 2 1 3 5-57 4-81 -21 5
7 Louth 6 2 0 4 4-75 3-70 8 4
8 Longford 6 1 1 4 3-57 1-76 -13 3

Louth Exile

Well done to Tipp, eveyone said they would be first to relegated and they were first to be promoted, from Div 4 to Div 2 in two seasons and they seem to have a good young team

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 29, 2009, 04:18:03 PM
Looks as though Down are promoted unless we lose by ten points or more at Hyde Park. I think that Roscommon, Cavan and Liimerick can match our total of eight points but they all have poor scoring differences.

I think you have it about right, having seen both the mourne men and the rossies I would find this scenario highly unlikely. Down are clearly the better side and would have to do something really stupid (ala Cavan v Waterford in 06) to not be in the final.

We need a massive favour from Limerick!!! even that may not be enough, as I can see Cavan taking us in Drogheda and Longford and ourselves for the drop  :(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mountainboii

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 29, 2009, 06:10:22 PM
Well done to Tipp, eveyone said they would be first to relegated and they were first to be promoted, from Div 4 to Div 2 in two seasons and they seem to have a good young team

Looks as though Down are promoted unless we lose by ten points or more at Hyde Park. I think that Roscommon, Cavan and Liimerick can match our total of eight points but they all have poor scoring differences.

I think you have it about right, having seen both the mourne men and the rossies I would find this scenario highly unlikely. Down are clearly the better side and would have to do something really stupid (ala Cavan v Waterford in 06) to not be in the final.

We need a massive favour from Limerick!!! even that may not be enough, as I can see Cavan taking us in Drogheda and Longford and ourselves for the drop  :(

Are Louth not safe along as they beat Cavan? They'll both be on 6 points at that stage and Louth's scoring difference is already 8 points better.

Louth Exile

Quote from: AFS on March 29, 2009, 08:44:21 PM

Are Louth not safe along as they beat Cavan? They'll both be on 6 points at that stage and Louth's scoring difference is already 8 points better.

You are right, just might be losing the run of myself!! I still don't fancy our chances against Cavan the way we are going though!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mylestheslasher

Cavan are safe as Limerick play Offaly on last day. Limerick win keeps Offally below us. Offally win keeps limerick below us. A louth win against Cavan would keep them up I think.

FermPundit

Well done to Tipperary. Hopefully they can hold their own in Division two next season, although I think they might struggle. It's very disappointing that both promoted sides from last year, Fermanagh and Wexford now find themselves back in Division three.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Blue06

"Cavan are safe as Limerick play Offaly on last day. Limerick win keeps Offally below us. Offally win keeps limerick below us. A louth win against Cavan would keep them up I think."

Almost Myles, only scenario we can go down is if Offaly beat Limerick, and we get a hiding from Louth meaning our score difference gets worse than theirs.
Also Roscommon wouild also need a narrow defeat to Down(or a positive result) to stay above us.

LaurelEye

We need:

a) Tipp to go on the p*ss for the next week celebrating promotion and then let us beat them in Thurles,
b) Limerick to beat Offaly,
c) Cavan to beat Louth,

to avoid Division 4. The omens do not look good...  :(
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

b) and c) are most possible

a) looks remote unless over the next two weeks there is a serious upping on Longford's recent performances and, as Laurel said, Tipp go on the lash.

Onlooker

Knowing a bit about the Tipp lads, there is no danger of them going on the lash, Shamrock Shore.  However I would expect John Evans to give some of the panel a run in the Longford game and so give a break to some of the Under 21's who have had to play so many important games in the last few weeks.  Division 3 has been so tight for so long, until yesterday really, that you would have to say that there was very little between the 8 teams and that Tipperary and Down will find the going tough in Division 2 next year.  That is for another day, however and for now all of us success starved Tipp football supporters can enjoy our second promotion in 2 seasons.