LENT

Started by wherefromreferee?, January 27, 2009, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

off the coffee... its tearing me to pieces!! Have also given up crisps, hopefully show some sort of improvement....  ::)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Iceman on February 23, 2012, 08:34:07 PM
few weeks of no sugar in the tea and you'll never go back.

I can back this up. Used to take a spoon, cut it to half a spoon and now gone altogether. Don't give sugar in tea a moments thought now. Coffee on the other hand...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BennyCake

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 24, 2012, 02:43:24 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 23, 2012, 08:34:07 PM
few weeks of no sugar in the tea and you'll never go back.

I can back this up. Used to take a spoon, cut it to half a spoon and now gone altogether. Don't give sugar in tea a moments thought now. Coffee on the other hand...

...you have tea in one hand and coffee in the other? At the same time? Man, you're sick!  ;D

Agreed though. That's exactly how I cut out the sugar in the tay. Can't take coffee without the suicre though.

Farrandeelin

So, Easter is nearly here. How have you all done with your Lenten 'give-ups'? I managed to let go of the sugar in the tea by drinking milk anytime tea was served. At home and anywhere else too! Kept off sweets, cakes, chocolate, biscuits. But I sure can't wait to dunk a biscuit into tea with a half-spoon of sugar Sunday morning!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 06, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
So, Easter is nearly here. How have you all done with your Lenten 'give-ups'? I managed to let go of the sugar in the tea by drinking milk anytime tea was served. At home and anywhere else too! Kept off sweets, cakes, chocolate, biscuits. But I sure can't wait to dunk a biscuit into tea with a half-spoon of sugar Sunday morning!!

Well you're the best boy!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lurganblue

Nearly there. Went off sugar in tea and coffee. Never again.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 06, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
But I sure can't wait to dunk a biscuit into tea with a half-spoon of sugar Sunday morning!!

Don't overdo it whatever you do!
MWWSI 2017

Dougal Maguire

I gave up bread and all sweet stuff. I'm having a milky bar sandwich for breakfast tomorrow
Careful now

playwiththewind1st

Will that be on white or brown?

Celt_Man

I did alright - more of a cutting down and feel guilty after eating it - rather than abstinence..

Say f**k it today, wipsa with the cup of tea and bottle of coke now... Feeling down after Minor Semi-Final defeat  :'(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Iceman

Lent technically finished at Sun down on Thursday morning. Thursday is the beginning of the Triduum according to the Church and Easter is obviously Sunday. So you can stop observing your lent if you havent already
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2012, 11:40:14 PM
Lent technically finished at Sun down on Thursday morning. Thursday is the beginning of the Triduum according to the Church and Easter is obviously Sunday. So you can stop observing your lent if you havent already

Tell me if God created everything as per Genesis in 7 days, why did he create the serpent?
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2012, 12:15:29 PM

Tell me if God created everything as per Genesis in 7 days, why did he create the serpent?
If you believe as an atheist and naturalist that my thoughts and your thoughts are simply brain secretions of an evolved species with no purpose and we are all just existing then why do you even care.... I am not wrong and you are you not wrong, we just are, right?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on April 07, 2012, 12:54:36 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2012, 12:15:29 PM

If you believe as an atheist and naturalist that my thoughts and your thoughts are simply brain secretions of an evolved species with no purpose and we are all just existing then why do you even care.... I am not wrong and you are you not wrong, we just are, right?

You obviously don't care enough to formulate an argument.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

If you truly believed in your own stance then there would be no need to argue......