2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Yep it's all dow n to Munster players knowing how to win and I suppose if they lost it was all down to Leinster players been mentally weak.

Looks like Denis watched the game at home, BC maybe you should read his last paragraph.

http://blog.ireland.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=itb_DenisHickie
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

I'm hungover and tired truth be told, really today should be about Ireland and not the provinces but in case people don't realise it Leinster are current league Champions, topped their HEC group and have the best defence in Europe, somehow I think they already belong to a winning team. Rugby doesn't being and end with the Heineken Cup.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

QuoteRugby doesn't being and end with the Heineken Cup.

Have you being hanging out with Gnevin?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 23, 2009, 03:20:52 PM
Yep it's all dow n to Munster players knowing how to win and I suppose if they lost it was all down to Leinster players been mentally weak.

Looks like Denis watched the game at home, BC maybe you should read his last paragraph.

http://blog.ireland.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=itb_DenisHickie

I am not saying it is all about munster players, I am not a Munster fan in the grander scheme.  I am saying that this situation will help Leinster and you take the hump.  I knwo Armagh beat Kildare as well but I am trying to be positive.  Boots is right, you seem to have a GNevin thing going on there!

Dinny Breen

Ok Ok, hands up I read the post again and mis-interpruted first time maybe I am turning into Gnevin, no offence Gnevin but you're a fierce sensitive soul, anyway yes I agree off course winning the Grand Slam will give these players more confidence and confidence breeds confidence and belief so yes Leinster hopefully will benefit. Apologies.
#newbridgeornowhere

ludermor

GROUP HUG ( with gnevin watching)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ludermor on March 23, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

More like crouch, touch, hold, engage!!!!

AZOffaly

Ì think Leinster will win the HEC this season now.

Gnevin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 23, 2009, 03:55:37 PM
Quote from: ludermor on March 23, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

More like crouch, touch, hold, engage!!!!
I assme you mean pause , engage?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 23, 2009, 03:52:19 PM
Ok Ok, hands up I read the post again and mis-interpruted first time maybe I am turning into Gnevin, no offence Gnevin but you're a fierce sensitive soul, anyway yes I agree off course winning the Grand Slam will give these players more confidence and confidence breeds confidence and belief so yes Leinster hopefully will benefit. Apologies.

Well I just get a little worked up when people who don't even know how a scrum begins attempts to taint a great a achievement .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2009, 03:56:14 PM

Imagine that semi final should things go to plan. What a wonderful opportunity to showcase and promote Irish rugby it will be.

AZOffaly

Actually GNevin, I've heard it both ways. Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage, and Crouch, Touch, Hold, Engage. I've even heard, Crouch, Touch, Attendez, Engage. :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 23, 2009, 03:59:32 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2009, 03:56:14 PM

Imagine that semi final should things go to plan. What a wonderful opportunity to showcase and promote Irish rugby it will be.

I'd be sick watching it. I'd fear Leinster this year. The forwards are better now, and if the backs get clicking, they are as good as anyone in the tournament. The fact that Munster have won it twice now will make it a bit easier to swallow, if Leinster had won in 2006 that would have been Samaritans time.

Billys Boots

Quoteyes I agree off course winning the Grand Slam will give these players more confidence

More proof!  Dinny and Gnevin are as one - the truth is out.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...