2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 18, 2009, 07:27:50 AM
No harm will motivate us further if possible. Id say thats bullshit about the celebrations, and the Welsh would hate the English more id guess. Gatlands full of shite is the conclusion i come to. Cant wait, should be a cracker.
The Welsh fans definitely hate the English more.

When they beat us in Cardiff 4 years ago to win the Slam the fans were singing - "you can shove yer sweet chariots up yer hole"

turk

I welcome comments like this from Gatland. They are focussing on Ireland rather than their own task in hand. Kidney will handle this well by not reacting.

AZOffaly

Gatland is rapidly turning into a hateful dick.

I know he got the shaft from IReland, but Jaysus he holds a grudge.

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2009, 10:49:33 AM

Ireland were right to get rid of him! remember his 14 man lineout against Argentina - pathetic!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2009, 10:49:33 AM

He also got his first shot at professional coaching with Connacht and then Ireland. You'd think that would mean something to him but he still seems very bitter about receiving the bullet so fast Eddie could take over.

thejuice

I was in Wales for the Ireland-England game and the Welsh were most definatley on our side, not that it matters come Saturday but Gatland is obviously talking out his hoop. He's just trying to play the mind games, I wouldn't give it much heed.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The GAA

Badly conceived and poorly targetted attempt at mind games from gatland.

screenexile

Yeah it's not a Fergie Rafa situation, Kidney is far too shrewd/composed to buy into any of that nonsense and he'll know exactly how to use comments like that. Johnson would be the kind of boy to respond to this crap and lose the head but given Kidney's history at the mind games I wouldn't expect him to be caught out with this nonsense.

JMohan

Gatlands comments are even odder when you think he has an Irish man training the team

turk

JMohan

Sorry - took me a while to dig it up gain...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=10063.0;wap2

I think he advises Man Utd also from what a guy from Monaghan told me.

Interesting article.

magpie seanie

Sorry folks about what I said about Barnes. I must have been thinking of someone else like Moore. Anyway, sorry for making an arse of it.

Dinny Breen

Have no idea what Gatland is playing at, very premiership soccer like and to be honest makes him look like a eejit. Kidney is one coach you don't do mind games with and I'd imagine Gatland is trying to deflect from his terrible selection against Italy and why Wales need to beat Ireland by 13 points to win the championship.
#newbridgeornowhere

Oraisteach

Got beat by the Irish
Got beat by the Scots
The French had a struggle . . .
But as long as we beat the English we don't care.

No way the Welsh hate the Irish more than the English.  Wales, Scotland and Ireland all like to stick it to Cruel Britannia.

ludermor

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 18, 2009, 02:16:59 PM
Sorry folks about what I said about Barnes. I must have been thinking of someone else like Moore. Anyway, sorry for making an arse of it.

Would you have been thinking bout Stephen Jones?