2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Cross

Quote from: Puckoon on February 28, 2009, 06:43:38 PM
Is anyone listening to this w**ker on BBC?

He says to Keith wood and the scottish fellla - that they would both describe that "tackle" on O'Driscoll as a foul and a penalty because

"You are both Celts"

What an arsehole.

Cant be as bad as listening to George Hook, what a w*nker.

I`m not normally a rugby fan or a fan of Brian O`Driscoll, but you have to take your hat off to him today. Hell of a performance, very deserving man of the match.
Ireland should have been out of sight before England got that late score, O`Gara missed a lot of easy kicks.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 28, 2009, 07:24:28 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 28, 2009, 07:03:19 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 28, 2009, 07:01:41 PM
Martin Johnson is a hewer! Great player - but a hewer.

C**T, I think, is the word.

There's not many people that you comment on that arent. Hard to watch.
::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyroneboi

Quote from: Double Cross on February 28, 2009, 07:26:43 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 28, 2009, 06:43:38 PM
Is anyone listening to this w**ker on BBC?

He says to Keith wood and the scottish fellla - that they would both describe that "tackle" on O'Driscoll as a foul and a penalty because

"You are both Celts"

What an arsehole.

Cant be as bad as listening to George Hook, what a w*nker.

I`m not normally a rugby fan or a fan of Brian O`Driscoll, but you have to take your hat off to him today. Hell of a performance, very deserving man of the match.
Ireland should have been out of sight before England got that late score, O`Gara missed a lot of easy kicks.

No chance George Hook is one of the best pundits on tv!

Would love to be a fly on the wall with Johnson now. I wouldnt like to be Danny Care at this moment in time.

O'Driscoll might have moved into pole position for the Lions captaincy with what he did out there today.

RedandGreenSniper

Jack Kyle on with the pundits now on RTE. For a man who is 85 he is incredibly tuned in. Seems like the legend that Hook says he is
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ziggysego

I remember him on the BBC a couple of years ago. Wasn't impressed.
Testing Accessibility

thewobbler

f**k me that was unnecessarily hard work. Credit to England, they had 15 men following a game plan perfectly, but it should never have come down to those sweaty last few minutes.

BOD was immense. Bowe and Ferris were excellent, as was Kearney. The less said about ROG the better. It's still on, and that's the main thing.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ziggysego on February 28, 2009, 07:57:11 PM
I remember him on the BBC a couple of years ago. Wasn't impressed.

Really? Why?

Hoof Hearted

BOD was immense.
Crap Game
O'Gara will win us us the Grand Slam, trust him, he just had a bed game.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

thewobbler

Jack Kyle did himself and rugby proud tonight. A legend with his marbles intact. McGuirk wasn't even joking when he asked him to join the panel fulltime. As a rule, octogenerians should be kept off the television, but this man is one hell of an exception.

Bord na Mona man

Ireland a bit lucky there.
England left the door open with the sin binnings and penalties conceded and Ireland didn't punish them.
England also created a few opportunities where a less disjointed side would have finished with tries.

I think Ireland are a bit predictable. England always held a couple of extra men back in anticipation of Tomas "box kick" O'Leary and O'Gara kicking it down at them. Ireland need to vary it a bit more and hopefully Dorcy will be in the next day to add a bit of punch. The backs got very little quick ball to try and run at the English.

Some laugh to hear Brian Moore trying to say the late hit after O'Driscoll had kicked was legit. Beating England is all the more sweeter when you get one over on creeps like Martin Johnson, Brian Moore and Jeremy Guscott.

I think the Welsh will go all out to upset Ireland's Grand Slam push. Also a few of their big players will want to cement their places on the Lions. I have a feeling Ireland will struggle to close out the Grand Slam.

rrhf

wow as I said before the season started greatness beckons for this Irish squad.  Odriscoll is up there with dooher as one of the bravest sportsmen I have seen. Kyle is a legend. 
Nice touch by kidney at the end re gaa  comment. I hope martin johnsons snarling arse is uncomfortable tonight in his job after his disrespect to our president
I love rugby and the whole drinking rugby thing

balladmaker

Even with Wales's defeat last night, the Six Nations still looks like coming down to the very last game in Cardiff between Wales and Ireland.  Would be some day to be in Cardiff if Ireland are pushing for a Grand Slam!

5 Sams

QuoteOdriscoll is up there with dooher as one of the bravest sportsmen I have seen

Sweet jesus.....wise to f**k up wud yiz ???
The Aristocrat Years

Maguire01

Ireland could live to regret that late try. If we beat Scotland and lose to Wales it could all come down to scoring difference for the Championship.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 11:29:56 PM
Ireland could live to regret that late try. If we beat Scotland and lose to Wales it could all come down to scoring difference for the Championship.

I'm not a mad rugby fan so maybe I'm off the mark with this one but the championship is secondary, grand slam or bust. Championship teams come and go but Grand Slammers, well there's only six or seven Irish men alive who can boast that as Jackie Kyle was saying