Graveyard stories

Started by ardmhachaabu, January 22, 2009, 09:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Anyone heard the story about a grave beside the cathedral in Armagh city of a fella who was shot by the Black and Tans whose grave was noticeable because there were patches in the soil which never grew grass on it and, so the story goes, the barren patches correspond to the places he was shot?

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

There are barren patches on my lawn. I'm pretty sure the man I buried there wasn't shot.

I remember scrubbing a gravestone at night. Twas peaceful.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2009, 10:00:32 PM
There are barren patches on my lawn. I'm pretty sure the man I buried there wasn't shot.

I remember scrubbing a gravestone at night. Twas peaceful.

I always wondered what you might have got up to of a night before the internet.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean, and Seamus, were stumbling home from the pub late one night, and found themselves on a road which led past the old graveyard.

"Come have a look over here," says Paddy. "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, God bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87."

"That's nothing," says Sean. "Here's one named Patrick O'Toole. Says here that he was 95 when he died."

Just then, Seamus yells out, "Good God! Here's a fella that's 145!"

"What was his name?" asks Paddy.

Seamus stumbles around a bit, awkwardly lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker, and exclaims, "Miles, from Dublin
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

muppet

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 22, 2009, 10:34:35 PM
Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean, and Seamus, were stumbling home from the pub late one night, and found themselves on a road which led past the old graveyard.

"Come have a look over here," says Paddy. "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, God bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87."

"That's nothing," says Sean. "Here's one named Patrick O'Toole. Says here that he was 95 when he died."

Just then, Seamus yells out, "Good God! Here's a fella that's 145!"

"What was his name?" asks Paddy.

Seamus stumbles around a bit, awkwardly lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker, and exclaims, "Miles, from Dublin

Them boys must have been in Ballyvary then.
MWWSI 2017