Have you ever..........................................

Started by stew, January 22, 2009, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 22, 2009, 09:59:14 PM
So you were fucked out of it by an employee so? ;)

;D

There is no doubt there are 2 sides to every story

The Real Laoislad

Nope not at all,I just hate lazy f**kers who winge all day about having to work........at work!
Then blame the boss for making them work!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

In this time of economic meltdown and increasing unemployment and hardship amongst families, it's not good form to be boasting you just left your job with nothing to go to.

That's what my inners are saying. My outers reckon Stew's simply a loose cannon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

I chew on my tongue all day most days.  It's the people we're trying to work for though I have the issue with, ignorant, thick c***ts!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 22, 2009, 10:02:26 PM

Nope not at all,I just hate lazy f**kers who winge all day about having to work........at work!
Then blame the boss for making them work!

Yeah I know what ya mean. One of the skills of management is to get people to do something without them feeling they've been told to do it. I've encountered a couple of people like that but mainly people who are as subtle as a sledgehammer!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

I see your point laois lad how ever you are self employed . How ever if you work in an organisation you deserve to be treated with respect by management or super visor s not bullied by them .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 22, 2009, 10:14:10 PM
I see your point Laos lad how ever you are self employed . How ever if you work in an organisation you deserve to be treated with respect by management or super visor s not bullied by them .

I'm only self employed 3 years,I worked for small and big companies for 10 years before that..

I know there can be some awful pricks in charge as I have encountered them myself but a lot of the time employees just didn't want to work and when challenged about the amount of work they've done they could never see that they were wrong,and they always started calling the bosses pricks and c***ts etc

I just think if your being paid to do a job you should do it and only then should you have any right to challenge someone above you..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stiffler on January 22, 2009, 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 22, 2009, 08:12:31 PM
When I was about 18 and had a summer job I threw a hammer at my boss one day and walked out...In hindsight i should have hit him over the head with it....

Wheres that at pat?

Kitchen place in the Colane dont want to write the name...You know who it is...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stephenite

I find that nowadays everything is so quantifiable, KPI's etc, there is no excuse for not getting assigned work done. If you not getting the work done then get out the door.

Most issues between management and staff nowadays are generally down to personality clashes. A good manager will avoid these clashes and 'manage' the difficult staff out the door

the Deel Rover

I only did it the once to this fellow in my whole career but this lad was something else he was actually sacked a few  year s later made the daily papers could not have happened to a nicer fella
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Puckoon

Well that was some craic - I feel better already.

Im uploading a power point, and searching for a file on a pen drive - and sure enough, isnt there a picture of some woman and her sister in their fecking underwear hanging out in the folder.

Chairman says (as puck hurridley backs up out of the folder) "I wanna see that last file again!"

Sweet Jesus, it lightened the mood anyways.

thebigfella

Quote from: stephenite on January 22, 2009, 10:25:11 PM
I find that nowadays everything is so quantifiable, KPI's etc, there is no excuse for not getting assigned work done.

You would think that but you couldn't be farther from the truth. There some right bulls****ers who can get away with not producing anything.

IT projects are the worst, you get 1 person in contracting and then its jobs for the boys. I worked on a project in Dublin for a telecommunication company where most of the contractors got recruited without interviews or references being checked. People lie on their cv's all the time in IT, you eventually catch these boys out but by then they're onto another contract and more bucks for doing f**k all. Don't get me started on IT projects in finance and s**te project managers  >:(

stephenite

Quote from: thebigfella on January 22, 2009, 11:43:29 PM
Quote from: stephenite on January 22, 2009, 10:25:11 PM
I find that nowadays everything is so quantifiable, KPI's etc, there is no excuse for not getting assigned work done.

You would think that but you couldn't be farther from the truth. There some right bulls****ers who can get away with not producing anything.

IT projects are the worst, you get 1 person in contracting and then its jobs for the boys. I worked on a project in Dublin for a telecommunication company where most of the contractors got recruited without interviews or references being checked. People lie on their cv's all the time in IT, you eventually catch these boys out but by then they're onto another contract and more bucks for doing f**k all. Don't get me started on IT projects in finance and s**te project managers  >:(

That's just bad management - if you can't recruit someone to do a specific role and ensure they are the right the person for the job and keep control of the project by ensuring that those in charge are recruiting sensibly then you deserve everything that's coming to you.
If as a manager you allow people to take advantage, they will, nothing more certain in life

imtommygunn

I've encountered the same bigfella - must be large IT companies.

Boys who have done no IT and just lied on their CV got in - for 3 month contracts! Honestly - it has o be seen to be believed.

One of the boys was an awful freeloader - got a free carpet at some thing one day. Put it in the back seat of his car and it didn't fit so he drove upthe M2 with teh car doors open - up the fecking motorway! He was an eejit - the police stopped him that day too. Same boy was lifted ~70k a year(well equivalent for 3 months) and getting accomodation paid for!

You can end up working for some awful plonkers and it causes me great problems. I have big issues working for people who are either bullshitters or who have no idea what they're doing. I'm still undecided on current boss but he's moving the way of the latter an he's not long of being told!