Best soccer matches you have watched

Started by anportmorforjfc, January 21, 2009, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 22, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
N.Ireland v Ireland in 1993 might not have been the best matches ever but was exciting as regards the Alan Mcloughlin goal etc etc

LOCK THE THREAD NOW!!!!!

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2009, 01:54:38 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 21, 2009, 11:10:36 PM
There have been some great FA Cup finals over the years

Coventry v Spurs 1987

Crystal Palace v Man U the first game 1990,actually the Crystal Palace v Liverpool semi final of that year was great too,it ended 4-3 to Palace

Liverpool v Everton 1986,1989

Liverpool v West Ham 2006

Good shouts. The Coventry game was prob the best cup final game I have seen. Was there another FA semi final the same day as that Palace v Lpool game that ended 3-3 or something. Have a feeling that Portsmouth were involved. Or was it Man U v Oldham?

Unfortunately it ended 4-3 to Palace, Liverpool had beaten them 9-0 earlier that season..........United v Oldham, when Mark Robins was being compared to Gerd Muller.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

FA CUP 1991  Liverpool 4 Everton 4  Dagleish bottled it and quit before the replay  :P which Everton won... more of the same coming up.... 

Chrisowc

Quote from: nifan on January 22, 2009, 10:05:25 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 22, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
N.Ireland v Ireland in 1993 might not have been the best matches ever but was exciting as regards the Alan Mcloughlin goal etc etc

LOCK THE THREAD NOW!!!!!

Go about your business.  Nothing to see here. :-X
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 22, 2009, 10:07:49 AM
FA CUP 1991  Liverpool 4 Everton 4  Dagleish bottled it and quit before the replay  :P which Everton won... more of the same coming up.... 

"Dalgleish" is not manager anymore..........

longrunsthefox

Chrisowc

Quote from: girt_giggler on January 22, 2009, 08:06:19 AM
My favourite was when Barcelona beat Valencia 3-2 on the last day of the 2001 season, when Rivaldo got the sensational hat-trick that sent Barca into the champions league at the expense of Valencia with that last minute Rivaldo overhead kick from 25 yards. That was one of those games where even although you dont support either team you jump up and celebrate the goals. Fantastic entertainment.

An amazing game when Rivaldo was one of the best players in the world at the time.  He ruined everything 12 months later against China.

nifan

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 22, 2009, 10:12:32 AM
An amazing game when Rivaldo was one of the best players in the world at the time.  He ruined everything 12 months later against China.

Do you mean Turkey when he went down clutching his face after the ball rolled into his shin?
Or am I forgetting something about the china game?

Chrisowc

Quote from: nifan on January 22, 2009, 10:15:29 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on January 22, 2009, 10:12:32 AM

Do you mean Turkey when he went down clutching his face after the ball rolled into his shin?
Or am I forgetting something about the china game?

That's the one.  Was sure it was China.

Rossie11

Final Whistle

anportmorforjfc

Burnley 3 Spurs 2 aet  :D

Declan

QuoteFor those who have a country, hard to better witnessing your country win a big game even if technically it was not the best football.

Ireland v Holland 2001  Keane's last hurray, a perfect day.

the rest in order of time
Irl 3 Russia 0   1974,  Brady's debut, took over playmaker CM from Giles who went into holding role, almost bigger impact than the stunning result. Rock and Roll.
Irl 1 France 0  1977   Brady genius,  we had a dream. 
Irl 2 Holland 1  1979 Lansdowne gale & semi darkness, win orchestrated by Brady.

Irl 3 France 2   1981       When Brady had yer man in his pocket all game long
Irl 2        Bulg 0 1987      Brady master performance then gets sent off, game sealed qualification but it was a secret.

Bulg O   Scotland 1    1987      Grin

Best game on TV
Brazil 1 England 0    World cup Mexico, slow motion excellence.

Great memories there Main Street - Dalyer was great. Greatest impact for me was Stuttgart 1988 - A Never to be forgotten day.

Also remember some great LoI team performances in Europe over the years, Dundalk and a great game at milltown between Rovers and Celtic when I think Murdo McLeod/Tommie Burns got the winner   

Larry Duff

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 21, 2009, 06:04:10 PM
Not like Spurs then...Good man!
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal 1989 for me...

Best match you have watched Pat, But can't remember the score  ??? ;)

Minder

Quote from: Larry Duff on January 22, 2009, 11:13:14 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 21, 2009, 06:04:10 PM
Not like Spurs then...Good man!
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal 1989 for me...

Best match you have watched Pat, But can't remember the score  ??? ;)

If only that was the score.............