Cheltenham

Started by bennydorano, January 21, 2009, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Another thing to bear in mind esp in the QM today is to back to place rather than e/w with such a heavily fancied favourite.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: one for the road on March 11, 2009, 02:27:45 PM
ive had the 1st two 2day, small bets because im not expert like ONL

its me again that seems like crazy money your throwing away if u dont know what your at. the crunch mustnt have hit your pocket  ;)

Expert!! Ha, first time I have been called that... Na I am not an expert by any means!!

The credit crunch is hitting everyone, its just I am prepared to lose a lot in the hope that I will get my big wins some days...

Plus if I had not got a big win on the Arkle there yesterday I would not have bet as much on the Champion Hurdle and the rest of the races... I always set myself an amount to stick to, like twenty a race then if I get an early win then I up my stakes...

This way I don't lose more than I can afford...

one for the road

anytime i lump on a horse, particularly at cheltenham, it gets beat. Franhok, kauto and binocular all string to mind but master mind keeps screaming at me to lump on.

what you wreckon ONL?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: one for the road on March 11, 2009, 02:32:07 PM
anytime i lump on a horse, particularly at cheltenham, it gets beat. Franhok, kauto and binocular all string to mind but master mind keeps screaming at me to lump on.

what you wreckon ONL?

Cheltenham is notorious for having so called bankers, that get turned over... These horses do well all year, but at the same time other horses are getting put away, getting wrapped in cotton wool, preserving their handicap marks/prices for the festival, so anything can happen...

Last year only 2 favourites out of 25 races won...

This year seems more punter friendly, with 3 already obliging....

Re: Master Minded I think this horse is the real deal, its a super horse and I cannot see it getting beat today...

one for the road

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 11, 2009, 02:31:15 PM

its me again that seems like crazy money your throwing away if u dont know what your at. the crunch mustnt have hit your pocket  ;)

Expert!! Ha, first time I have been called that... Na I am not an expert by any means!!

The credit crunch is hitting everyone, its just I am prepared to lose a lot in the hope that I will get my big wins some days...

Plus if I had not got a big win on the Arkle there yesterday I would not have bet as much on the Champion Hurdle and the rest of the races... I always set myself an amount to stick to, like twenty a race then if I get an early win then I up my stakes...

Was referring to its me again with the credit crunch. he stands to lose 75 in the first few races today but i hope he turns it around

RE:master mind your prob right but was Kauto not in the same boat last year. might skip the race and save it for the footy tonight

what you wreckon ONL?

One for the road...everyone has their own betting philosophies and while I think that Master Minded will have time to stop for a nosebag and still win, I just refuse to back at 1/3.  Risk vs Reward.  Lots of people will see this as a cert and lump on at 1/3 and best of good luck to them, just not my cup of tea.

lfdown2

folks in the tote placepot is it always only the 1st 3?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 11, 2009, 02:38:37 PM
folks in the tote placepot is it always only the 1st 3?

Handicaps with more than 16runners pay first four

bingobus

Thank the Lord for Ruby in the 2.05.

First place, never mind winner, of the first two days. First up in Lucky 15, Come on Carruthers.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: one for the road on March 11, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 11, 2009, 02:31:15 PM

Was referring to its me again with the credit crunch. he stands to lose 75 in the first few races today but i hope he turns it around

RE:master mind your prob right but was Kauto not in the same boat last year. might skip the race and save it for the footy tonight

Na Kauto was going into the race last year with question marks over his jumping, plus he had the up and coming stable mate who had beaten everything he had came across...

Master Minded has been in a league of his own all year in the two mile chases, nobody can get near him and the odds reflect this

For an inexperienced punter like yourself though I would say swerve this race, or take someone in the without Master Minded betting... Not worth it IMO unless you are punting big money, even though I don't like backing 1/3 shots... Not for me...

lfdown2

was the first race handicapped?

though most races were?

one for the road

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 11, 2009, 02:37:33 PM

what you wreckon ONL?

One for the road...everyone has their own betting philosophies and while I think that Master Minded will have time to stop for a nosebag and still win, I just refuse to back at 1/3.  Risk vs Reward.  Lots of people will see this as a cert and lump on at 1/3 and best of good luck to them, just not my cup of tea.

Ive the same opinion as yourself I have in the past and it didnt payoff so im avoiding it

AbbeySider

COOLDINE GOOOOOOOOOAWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN

Cooldine by a mile!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 11, 2009, 02:45:43 PM
was the first race handicapped?

though most races were?

No it wasnt a handicap, the only handicaps today are the Coral Cup (4.00pm) and the Fred Winter (4.40pm)