Who will be first to break the mould?

Started by Puckoon, January 20, 2009, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will happen first?

Tyrone will defend an AI championship successfully?
24 (55.8%)
Kerry will manage to beat Tyrone in this new era in an AISF or AIF?
19 (44.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: January 30, 2009, 08:53:27 PM

Puckoon

Having read a post from Mike Sheehy, in which he asks - "Tyrone will buck recent trends and actually win back 2 back AIs?" it got me thinking.

Who will be the first to break the current situation?

Tyrone have yet to defend an AI championship. Some say its understandable due to some freakish bad luck - others like to say they just dont have it in them.

Kerry have yet to win a competitive AIF (in this most recent era 2002-present day). Its no big secret that neither Cork nor Mayo turned up on the big day in 06, or 07.

Will Tyrone successfully defend an All Ireland Championship? Or will Kerry finally trump Tyrone in Croke Park at the business end of the season for the first time since 86?

What do you really think has a better chance of happening first?

RedandGreenSniper

Are the other counties completely wasting their time so?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Puckoon

Not in the slightest .

Obviously other results can occur any time.

Im just wondering out of those two scenarios, which is more likely in the near future?

RedandGreenSniper

I reckon Kerry are more likely to win the All-Ireland this year than Tyrone. But they won't win it if they have to beat Tyrone en route. They'll have to hope Tyrone are banished by someone else - entirely likely given their difficult route. So I guess then, unless I've completely confused myself, the most likely of those two scenarios would be Tyrone winning back to back titles
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ziggysego

Tyrone seem to a have steel of determination in them this year. Haven't seen them after a season like this before, plus they were talking about 2009 so soon after lifting Sam last year. First for them.

Not saying they'll win, but they'll definately be there or there abouts this year.

Of course, it's Kerry's for the taking ;)
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

I suppose all the Tyronies will vote without any bias ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Id say the Dubs will walk away with it this year.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

QuoteTyrone seem to a have steal

Only a steal will get them through this year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I was right in 2003. I was right in 2005. Had a good feeling about 2008. And damn it HS, I'm right about 2009.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

:D

Can't say too much for the Down game as they were only back from a 10 day holiday the Friday before the match.

Sunday's game was a fantastic game of football in January from both teams hardstation.

I'm mainly talking about the attitude coming from the players and management. Seem very focused.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

QuoteYou're a c**k armaghniac Wink

I only cook at the weekends.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2009, 09:25:30 PM
Tyrone seem to a have steel of determination in them this year. Haven't seen them after a season like this before, plus they were talking about 2009 so soon after lifting Sam last year. First for them.

Not saying they'll win, but they'll definately be there or there abouts this year.

Of course, it's Kerry's for the taking ;)

Not sure about that. Tyrone played some really great football in early 2004 and at that stage looked like the best team in Ireland. They put on a really top class performance in the McKenna Cup final and it looked like being a great season but we all know what happened after that.

Rossfan

Hopefully anyone other than Kerry or Tyrone will win it.
As long as its not Dublin/Cork/Meath/Galway or Mayo of course. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2009, 10:23:07 PM
As long as the team captain says his whole speech in Irish, I couldn't give a ballix who wins it.

We may have to get our Oifigeach Gaeilge to write it out so as Gary Cox isnt that great as Gaeilge.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM