England Rugby Player fails drug test !!

Started by Hoof Hearted, January 20, 2009, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Its prop forward Matt Stevens ! He has openly admitted to using social drugs, not performance enhancing, and has been receiving counselling for his addiction !! In the professional era that it is now i reckon he's fucked.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 20, 2009, 06:45:30 PM
Its prop forward Matt Stevens ! He has openly admitted to using social drugs, not performance enhancing, and has been receiving counselling for his addiction !! In the professional era that it is now i reckon he's fucked.

Was he on some reality tv show?

cavan4ever

It didn't do Rio Ferdinand much harm.

Hoof Hearted

i think it was celebrity x factor or something now that you mention it. He would probably have been englands first choice prop
Quote from: cavan4ever on January 20, 2009, 06:52:46 PM

It didn't do Rio Ferdinand much harm.

rio didnt admit  to it, he denied it !!

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rav67

Shouldn't be banned by any sporting body for taking social drugs IMO.  It should be an internal issue within clubs as its likely to have a detrimental effect on your game so they should be the ones to punish.

laceer

GalwayBayBoy

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

The GAA

didn't end up doing lawrence dalaglio much harm

the colonel

was he the one that went out with zara phillips
the difference between success and failure is energy

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: the colonel on January 20, 2009, 10:37:33 PM
was he the one that went out with zara phillips

That was Mike Tindall. Still tipping away at her I think.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 20, 2009, 06:49:54 PM

Was he on some reality tv show?

He was on celebrity x-factor a couple of years ago there.

Tankie

There should be a short term ban for any drug taking but I would hope that the RFU and Bath get behind Stevens and help him through this!

This is good for Leinster though as Toulouse could kill Bath up front on Sunday without Stevens!
Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

A lifetime ban should sort it out nicely !  ;)