Ulster Senior Club League

Started by thewobbler, January 10, 2007, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tieroan

Carmen stateside, we know something about Doohamlet now! The beat the your lot by seven points ;) ;) ;)

SlimShady

yes.

ourselves, Moy, Ballinascreen, Mullabawn, Brookeborough and Derrylaughan. My mistake!

realredhandfan

Could someone post the results up asap.

SlimShady

ours was Brookeborough 1-09 Cargin 1-13 i think.

there was 4 points in it anyway and it was a decent enough game.

Dabhog

Ardboe didn't travel to play Aghyaran as they didn't want to make the journey because of fog. 

No fog in Aghyaran must have been bad elsewhere.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Dabhog on February 05, 2007, 11:20:59 AM
Ardboe didn't travel to play Aghyaran as they didn't want to make the journey because of fog. 

No fog in Aghyaran must have been bad elsewhere.

Thats not what I heard. Aghayarn contacted our chairman to say the game could not be played due to fog and frost.
Hardly had anything to do with the fact that Micheal Anderson got married on saturday????

Dabhog

Yes Michael got married on Saturday and most of the team where on the beer at the wedding.

However the majority (some in very bad state right enough only 1 or 2 didn't make it at all) were togged out on Sunday waiting for Ardboe to arrive when word came through Ardboe weren't travelling because of fog??

Maybe this wasn't right? 

I do know that playing Ardboe would have been a better option than the 2 hour training session that replaced the game. 

screenexile

Quote from: SlimShady on February 05, 2007, 10:26:11 AM

screen, did you hear our group is down to 3 teams? Heard yesterday Mullabawn and Derrylaughan have pulled out.

Didn't hear that at all Slim. As far as I knew we were down to play Mullabawn next Sunday!! I was hoping to make my return for the Reserves as well... Ragin!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: tieroan on February 05, 2007, 10:31:46 AM
Carmen stateside, we know something about Doohamlet now! The beat the your lot by seven points ;) ;) ;)

Think that says more about us than them!! :(
Any reports??

screenexile

Anybody hear anything else about withdrawn teams? Who are taking Mullabawn and Derrylaughans place?

screenmachine

mullabawn game is still fixed for sunday is what we were informed, they havent pulled out as far as i know. where did you hear that they'd pulled out slim?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

SlimShady

our chairman!!

and we are playing Derrylaughan on Sunday as well. must be bullshit and nobody has pulled out.

Redhandfan

Mullabawn were never meant to play in Group G.  I think you may have mistaken them for Donegal club Málainn who were drawn to play in this particular group but have now withdrawn from the competition altogether.

Málainn were supposed to be Moy's final opponents in the group but we now have a bye on March 4th.  Derrylaughan are still very much in the competition.  We make the short journey to the loughshore on Sunday week.

I was at the opening game between Ballinascreen and Moy.  We were very understrength but only lost out by a point (1-5 to 1-6) to a fairly young Ballinascreen outfit.  Brookeborough are our opponents this Sunday and we hope to have all our four county players in action!

SlimShady

Derrylaughan are not a great team. in fairness it was their 1st game in the competition and we had a couple of our county men playing.

We beat them easily, 8, 9 points?!? dont know how many. we play Moy next in a couple of weeks.

realredhandfan

The Moy has a very dangerous propogandaist Slim, tread carefully, a little like josef Goebbels.