All Ireland Scór 2009

Started by downgirl, January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Why the capital letters Joxer??!!  :D

amallon

Even though I've had a couple of stinkers at the mic in my years in the quiz I would far go back to that format.

Just to come back to you on your point about preparing for the quiz, how exactly do you do this.  We might learn the managers of a the main counties, and read the papers in the run up to a quiz but mostly its impossible to prepare for.  You either know it or you don't!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Ddawg

Aye, they woulda won Downgirl  ::) I honestly thought that Galway would have won solo singing- one of the nicest voices I have ever heard. Would have given ballad group to Tyrone as they were, to me, what constituted a ballad group. I actually fancied Clare for the Novelty Act- I thought their creation of the GAA concept was excellent and well carried!

I wonder are any Scór acts performing on Monday in Portloaise, thought the All Ireland Winning Jr Ballad Group from Down might have been asked considering Down are playing but haven't heard anything.

I enjoy the current quiz format and took part it in it myself this year for a bit of craic and got my individual ones right but if put under pressure under old format it may have put me off!
Downdawg!

downgirl

Ah now Ddawg...sure you only LOVE being in front of the microphone don't you?!  Aye, surely, aye, you do!!!  :P

downgirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GwDzLifcg&NR=1

All-Ireland Scor Novelty Act Winners 2008 - Killyclogher

Very good!!

Oldira

Quote from: amallon on May 01, 2009, 05:33:24 PM
Even though I've had a couple of stinkers at the mic in my years in the quiz I would far go back to that format.

Just to come back to you on your point about preparing for the quiz, how exactly do you do this.  We might learn the managers of a the main counties, and read the papers in the run up to a quiz but mostly its impossible to prepare for.  You either know it or you don't!

You need to know managers of ALL counties. Plus things like All Stars,current holders and names of all cups, texaco award winners, clubs from counties, counties of Referees, etc and thats just 10% of GAA. Huge amount of prep work needed to get to an All irELAND.

downgirl

Any more videos up on youtube yet?

Joxer

Hope,  Hear the DVD's are 25 Euro, 25 EURO...Fecking steep!

downgirl

25 euro??!!!!!!  :o :o

As far as I can remember the scór na nóg dvd was about 12 euro...???

seabee

Highlights of the 2009 Scór Sinsear All-Ireland Final will be broadcast on Friday July 31st and August 7th at 7.30 p.m. on RTE1

downgirl

Thanks for that seabee, no sign of the scór na nóg final then?

seabee

No, didn't hear anything about it....it's a pity

seabee

Scór Roscommon are holding a music session/get together in Murrays Bar, Knockcroghery this Friday (the 19th) at 9:30pm. All welcome

zoe

Does anyone know what figure dances won the all ireland & cant be danced this year?  ???

downgirl

zoe, send ddawg a private message he should be able to tell you  :)