All Ireland Scór 2009

Started by downgirl, January 18, 2009, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I heard Killarney can hold 2,500 or something?

I don;t think there is a hall in Ulster with that sort of capacity?

downgirl

Well then have it in the RDS or somewhere Dublin would be central for everyone :D :D (OK maybe not quite the RDS but somewhere similar!!)

seabee

Quote from: downgirl on April 08, 2009, 11:15:07 PM
Any word on when the scór na nóg final will be shown on RTE? 
The 2008 Scór Sinsear highlights were shown on RTE last July so it'll probably be around the same time again this year. Didn't know they were going to show Scór na nÓg.

cornafean

Quote from: downgirl on April 10, 2009, 04:14:04 AM
Well then have it in the RDS or somewhere Dublin would be central for everyone :D :D (OK maybe not quite the RDS but somewhere similar!!)

I remember discussing this a few years ago with a senior national Scór official and they told me that the potentially suitable venues around the city are either too expensive (at the time he estimated that the rent costs in the old Point Theatre would mean an average ticket cost of €70-80 per head :o ,  a lot compared to the INEC) or too small - The Helix & the Olympia both hold only around 1300 people while the National Concert Hall and the Gaiety are smaller again.

Incidentally the NCH are planning on building a new auditorium with 2,050 seats,which would suit Scór down to the ground. Whether this plan survives the recession remains to be seen.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

corn02

Quote from: cornafean on April 10, 2009, 02:55:03 PM
Quote from: downgirl on April 10, 2009, 04:14:04 AM

I remember discussing this a few years ago with a senior national Scór official and they told me that the potentially suitable venues around the city are either too expensive (at the time he estimated that the rent costs in the old Point Theatre would mean an average ticket cost of €70-80 per head :o ,  a lot compared to the INEC) or too small - The Helix & the Olympia both hold only around 1300 people while the National Concert Hall and the Gaiety are smaller again.

Incidentally the NCH are planning on building a new auditorium with 2,050 seats,which would suit Scór down to the ground. Whether this plan survives the recession remains to be seen.

I would imagine Killarney is hired out? Would certainly add to the 22 euro cst. Still can;t get over them having no concessions.

Despire that, the standard will be so high that yous will think yous robbed them by paying only 22euro at the end of the night!

Would be great if RTE showed the finals live or at least a comprehensive round-up when it is still relative.

cornafean

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 03:09:59 PM

Would be great if RTE showed the finals live or at least a comprehensive round-up when it is still relative.

Whatever about RTE, it should be tailor-made material for TG4.

downgirl

I was told they were gonna show scór na nóg, I will have to reconfirm with my local scór contact  :D

It's not just the price of the ticket, theres the hotel room for 2 nights, travel costs, and food costs and all when you are down there; if it was somewhere more central you would probably only need one night in a hotel if even that, and travel costs wouldn't have to be as high.  But I'm not complaining corn02, I agree totally with you about the high standard of the competition it is well worth the money!

downgirl

Boherbue Set Dancers (Scór na nÓg AI final)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUklMfioL8c

and their ceili dancers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznfEAZgUa0&feature=related

The fella playing the accordion is guy who trained their wee instrumental group that won...absolute legend!! (and hot too  :P)

Boherbue instrumental winners 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szp0odxGh9c&feature=related

And again, Boherbue instrumental winners 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ttfoYi11M&feature=related

Oldira

So is there anybody going to the final on Saturday? Should be fun.

downgirl

I don't know anyone going this year I don't think!  I'd say Killarney will still be packed though!

gaa_phil

Good luck to all the Ulster representatives in tomorrows final! I hope it is as successful as last years was!

seabee

Just heard some of the results:

Instrumental Music: Corofin
Question Time: (I think) Allenwood
Novelty Act: Sean O'Heslins
Set Dancing: Abbeyknockmoy

cornafean

I got this info by text last night so it may not be 100% reliable. Make sure to verify it before lighting bonfires etc ;)

Winners
Rince Foirne:  Emyvale(Monaghan)
Amhránaíocht Aonair: Ellemarie O'Dwyer (Freemount, Cork)
Ceol Urlise Corofin ( Galway)
Aithriseoireacht: Peter Dolan(Moate All Whites-Westmeath), reciting "The Present"
Bailéad Ghrúpa: Clara (Offaly),
Nuachleas: Sean O'Heslins(Leitrim)
Rince Seit: Abbeyknockmoy ( Galway )
Tráth Na gCeist: Allenwood(Kildare),

Joxer

Great Days craic yesterday and congratulations to all the winners but jesus there were some strange decisions made! 

That INEC is some spot!

cornafean