Gaelic Life NFL Fantasy Football - We have a WINNER!

Started by RedandGreenSniper, January 17, 2009, 01:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

We are having a mini version of this in work and an unnamed source close to CJP has picked him on his team. 

And he picked Paddy Cunningham as well.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 23, 2009, 10:05:38 AM
Just picked mine, will post after the 3pm deadline... Though I am disconcerted by the news of one of my players not playing... Might pick another one under the girlfriend and my mas name, a ploy corn02 uses regularly...

You should have a word with Corn02. Stand up for yourself... it's your girlfriend and your ma.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 23, 2009, 03:58:07 PM
Just picked mine, will post after the 3pm deadline... Though I am disconcerted by the news of one of my players not playing... Might pick another one under the girlfriend and my mas name, a ploy corn02 uses regularly...

You should have a word with Corn02. Stand up for yourself... it's your girlfriend and your ma.

Well they are two lovely people. The mother is sitting within the top 20 thanks to me picking the team.

stiffler

Whats your team then Nail?

I put Freeman in my team instead of cunningham, slightly regretting that at this stage though.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mountainboii

Quote from: stiffler on January 20, 2009, 10:25:43 PM
For my 1,000th post il put up the team that will win this comp:

James Reilly

Ryan McMenamin
Brendan Donaghy
Vinny Corey

Davey Harte
Aidan Carr
Justin Crozier

Joe Diver
Rory Kavanagh

John Fegan
Michael McCann
Sean Cavanagh

Seanie Johnson
Stephen O'Neill
Paddy Cunningham

Ditto  ;D

Manager - Liam Bradley

Ronan Gallagher

Ryan McMenamin
Vinny Corey
Brendan Donaghy

Aidan Carr
Aidan O'Rourke
Justin Crozier

Enda McGinley
Rory Kavanagh

Kevin Niblock
Sean Cavanagh
Paul Finlay

Tommy Freeman
Ronan Clarke
Stephen O'Neill

After those rumours about Cunningham and McGourty I didn't know what Antrim forward to go for so I ended up with Niblock, dunno if that was a good shout though  :-\

Aidan O'Rourke is my secret weapon I think. Defenders get 10 points for goals and Aidan is Armagh's penalty taker, and a very good one at that. Hopefully he'll get to stick away 2 or 3 like last year.

omagh_gael

my team are the Gregory Campbell Allstars, he's been keeping an eye on football in N L'Derry and thinks that mc goldrick is the man 4 the NFL! He's never let me down, not fond of brolly tho as he happened to be tuned into highland radio the nite joe was in sallys chatting bout their meeting up in S Belfast!!!

Maguire01

Quote from: AFS on January 23, 2009, 08:31:40 PM
Tommy Freeman
Ronan Clarke
Stephen O'Neill

Probably the most popular forward line chosen.

RedandGreenSniper

Went for this team, twould be awful if someone from outside Ulster won it  ;)

Liam Bradley

Ronan Gallagher

Vinny Corey, Shane Maguire, Shane Goan

Aidan Carr Justin Crozier Davy Harte

Rory Kavanagh Dan Gordon

James Kielt Paul Freeman Cian Mackey

Benny Coulter CJ McGourty Stevie O'Neill
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

T Fearon

Well did any of you pick Henderson????

Good enough start myself, though two players on my team didn't play and Ronan Clarke got sent off. On the plus side I have O'Neill, Cavanagh, Thomas Freeman, Michael Mc Cann and Daniel Hughes in my team, all of whom scored well

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2009, 10:42:39 AM
Well did any of you pick Henderson????

Good enough start myself, though two players on my team didn't play and Ronan Clarke got sent off. On the plus side I have O'Neill, Cavanagh, Thomas Freeman, Michael Mc Cann and Daniel Hughes in my team, all of whom scored well

I didn't see Henderson in the lists when I selected a team for a fella I work with, remember it clearly as he is from Clann Eireann and was looking to put Henderson in but they didn't have him... Maybe they added him later?

ONeill

If Henderson was on the list and anyone has him, they'll be in the running til the end especially as he's likely to add to that tally.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

The lad is as cool a finisher as I've seen, all four goals were expertly taken and he was calmness personified.

Thankfully no one has him by the looks of things ;D

The Corporal

Had Aidan Carr, John Fegan, Tommy Freeman, Cavanagh, Benny Coulter all in my line-up. Not a bad start so far. Is there anywhere on the Gaelic Life website where you can check your scores?

T Fearon

Buy it on Friday like the rest of us ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Henderson wasn't on the list, I was thinking about putting him on my team but he wasn't there. Probably would have ended up not picking him so glad he wasn't listed!

James Kielt did well for me, along with O'Neill and Paul Finlay. Should have picked Cavanagh too though, what was I thinking ???
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year