Children's Hospital in Mbarara, Uganda

Started by carnaross, January 17, 2009, 12:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

Fr. Charles Beirne is a priest in Uganda who is building a children's hospital in Uganda and is looking for support. Fr. Charles's father was from Leitrim and was very heavily involved with Young Irelands in Leeds and was also instrumental in starting St. Benedicts Harps as an under-age club. We have been approached by PJ Reilly (a Mayoman now living in Meath) to help in the funfraising and we set up an evening at the Tara Suite, Leeds Irish Centre on Friday, March 6. Tickets for the event are £10 or 10 euros each. During the evening, there will be auctions of signed shirts from various counties as well as a draw for £1000 (plus LCD TV and Laptop and many others). Draw tickets are £5 or 5 euros each and both sets of tickets can be purchased through myself. It should be a great night's craic and any and all support would be very welcome. Posters will be sent to clubs throughout Britain and as many in Ireland as we have direct contact with. Further information is available by pm to me.

I know some sceptics out there will think this is a scam, but I assure you that is not the case.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

carnaross

Had the fundraiser on Friday last. So far raised £30,000. Cheque handover early June.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Tony Baloney

Brilliant work. I imagine 30 grand will stretch a fair bit in Africa.