Its confirmed...all Nordies are paranoid

Started by Mike Sheehy, January 17, 2009, 05:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Just want to nail this  barstool myth that recent rule changes were brought in as a result of Ulster domination. For me the biggest changes to date were

1 Abolition of handpass score in around 1980. (later to be partially re introduced).
2 Introduction of frees/ sidelines from the hand in or around 1990.

Hardly great times for Ulster football in each occasion.

The recent changes will imo favour the better Panels as opposed to the better Teams and if the Ulster players are as good as posted here then they will win all around them over the next few years.

cornafean

Quote from: Canalman on January 19, 2009, 01:57:44 PM
Just want to nail this  barstool myth that recent rule changes were brought in as a result of Ulster domination. For me the biggest changes to date were

1 Abolition of handpass score in around 1980. (later to be partially re introduced).
2 Introduction of frees/ sidelines from the hand in or around 1990.

Hardly great times for Ulster football in each occasion.

Indeed, but as the examples you cite happened 29 & 19 years ago respectively, I don't really see how they are that relevant to the 2009 discussion.

That said, Mickey Harte is on record as welcoming the Sin Bin proposals in 2004, at a time when (as now) his Tyrone team were All Ireland champions. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2004/02/25/story394596466.asp

The recent changes will imo favour the better Panels as opposed to the better Teams and if the Ulster players are as good as posted here then they will win all around them over the next few years.

You're right there. Tyrone and Kerry spring immediately to mind.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYerra FFS Mikey...we'll all simply go in to hiding til the smoke clears   seems to work for you

I've been on the board consistently since september.....you on the other hand were a lot quieter in 2006,2007,2008.

A bit of a fair weather fan you are, you disappear when the going gets tough.

cavan4ever

If i had of known there was a bit of Banty and Monaghan bashing going on in here i would have joined in.

Can you change the name of the thread so everyone know what is going on  :D :D

Gaffer

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 19, 2009, 01:29:11 AM
Dublin of course

Even you realise that the current Kerry team just haven t got what it takes anymore!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Main Street

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 19, 2009, 07:11:36 PM
If i had of known there was a bit of Banty and Monaghan bashing going on in here i would have joined in.

Why not? there's nothing lower than a Cavan inferiority complex.
It's tough living down wind from the pure smell of flax in bloom.

haranguerer

Christ, you're right caan4ever, almost missed it!

I agree wholeheartedly with indiana - the bantys a clown. If hes not in the paper he wants to be in the paper - a journalists dream with little to no football nous. Even if everyone did want him out, the papers would never report it - next thing they'd be having to try and get an interview with the new m'han manager instead of just waiting for him to phone them like the old one...

Fear ón Srath Bán

I wouldn't say I was paranoid or anything, and like any of the most loyal journoes, I'm loath to betraying my sources, so let's just say that this work-in-progress 'memo' from GAA HQ, being put together by some grouping calling themselves the 'Panel for the Resuscitation of Inter-County Kicks', just 'fell' into my lap.

How to Stop Ulster  How To Improve the Footballing Spectacle

In light of the general criticisms of the footballing spectacle of late we, in the PRICKs task force, have been charged with drawing up proposals for the general betterment of Gaelic Football. For reasons so as not to alarm anyone, the panel's existence shall not be divulged (or admitted) until such times as we are ready to present our final proposals. The panel consists of representatives of all, some, clubs in Ireland Kerry a particular county, the brilliance and tradition of which cannot be challenged or gainsaid by any mere mortal from any other county. We must stress that at this point, this document is nothing more than a draft.

• It is the opinion of all two of us panel's unanimous opinion, that a new rule be introduced, whereby defenders shall be prohibited from advancing beyond their own 45 metre line, midfielders prohibited from crossing either 45m line, and forwards forbidden from retreating beyond the oppositions 45m line. The penalty for so transgressing shall be one yellow card ara, let's see the total footballers crack that, nordie bastards.

• We are also of the universal belief that great fielding, being the superlative spectacle and sacred sight that it is, should be acknowledged by the opposition at point of brilliant execution. So, say when Dara O Sé a midfielder goes up and catches cleanly and expertly, the Tyrone feckers opposition players in the immediate vicinity should genuflect, and the profuse degree of these genuflections should be purely contingent on the brilliance of Kerry the opposition team. Failure to demonstrate due deference shall be liable to penalty of one yellow card ha, ha, let's see them swarm defend that

• And finally, it's our sincere conviction that no one from a place called 'Glencull' should be allowed to manage any county team, at all. This purely arises from a concern for good taste, and it is our considered opinion that the name 'Glencull' should naturally debar anyone from such an area from managing. We think it's very obvious why, and needs no further clarification.

We had also considered showing all players who play in a predominantly white shirt with red trim a yellow card for soloing the ball, but we have concluded that that may be viewed as a regulation too far, if not an intolerable interference by the referees.

Initial feedback from all parts of the country county, from Cahirciveen to Coolkeragh, has been overwhelmingly positive. Indeed, there hasn't been a single voice of dissent, which is surely a reflection on the quality of the proposals for the game in general contained herein. We are confident that the integrity and honesty of these proposals will find favour with all right thinking Gaelic Football folk.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cavan4ever

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2009, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on January 19, 2009, 07:11:36 PM

Why not? there's nothing lower than a Cavan inferiority complex.
It's tough living down wind from the pure smell of flax in bloom.

Of course your right. 

Schkite

Damien Cassidy is now giving out about the new rules, why not have a go at him? Or Ross Carr who originally complained? Seems to me yous are just Banty-bashing for the sake of it and it's little to do with what he's said on the new rules.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 19, 2009, 06:51:46 PM
QuoteYerra FFS Mikey...we'll all simply go in to hiding til the smoke clears   seems to work for you

I've been on the board consistently since september.....you on the other hand were a lot quieter in 2006,2007,2008

Mike..had you been around as much as you say, you would have known that myself and my fellow brethren have been in quite the
celebratory mood since September ;D...soexactly why would I be quieter in 2008 :D

QuoteA bit of a fair weather fan you are, you disappear when the going gets tough.

Speaking of...Has anyone seen Mikey.. Mikey.. Mikey..  :-X :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

thats exactly my point you tulip, you were a lot quieter pre AI than post AI....the year doesnt start in sept you know.

Nothing worse than bandwagon jumpers like yourself. You're as bad as Armagh4sam.

Tyrones own

Quotethats exactly my point you tulip,

Ouch Mikey, though it is toned down from your usual sting...someone had a word in your ear perhaps ;)

Quoteyou were a lot quieter pre AI than post AI

No I wasn't... sure we hold no fear of the Kingdom, '86 is a long long time ago Mikey ;D

Quote.the year doesnt start in sept you know.

Really, Kerry's usually does :o.... no sorry that would be August :D

QuoteNothing worse than bandwagon jumpers like yourself

Yerra FFS what would I know about Jumpers..sure tis only ye boyos down there that wear them auld things anymore 8)

QuoteYou're as bad as Armagh4sam.

Leave O'Neill outta this  >:(

- Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

Its flattering how you hang on my every word, but I think its time to ease up on the auld quote function. You're like a parrot at this stage.

Tyrones own

Don't be getting out ahead of yourself now Mike..you're not that good.
I do think it's funny though how your name calling has gone soft..bit like the football in the Kingdom I suppose
  - Walter Lippmann