Googlemaps

Started by Treasurer, January 15, 2009, 04:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

When did Googlemaps add the "walkabout" feature or did I just not see it until now?  There doesn't seem to be any Irish cities on it yet, but it's a great feature for the cities that are included.

(I know, I'm easily amused)

C_Berg_316

Just found this the other night myself - its class - was able to virtually walk up past me old house in Sydney and the teagardens, etc - ahhh nostalgia
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 15, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
Just found this the other night myself - its class - was able to virtually walk up past me old house in Sydney and the teagardens, etc - ahhh nostalgia

I done the same thing with where I use to live in Melbourne,It amazing I could even see the number on the door..
How often are the images updated?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Damn you Treasurer, went and had a look at my old place in Cottesloe Perth, now I'm just depressed  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

Treasurer

C_Berg_316

not sure how often it updated but there a bar i was working at in Sydney when i was and its now complete so i took a 'stroll' up that street and its got the building hoardings still up so might not be that up to date - be very weird if you walked past yourself wouldn't it  :D  :D  :D

On a different note if thats the sort of technology available to just anyone with a net connection what sort of capability would the American intelligence, etc have!!!!
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

Square Ball

its been around for a while, http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8483.0

i believe Irish and British cities have been covered but the information hasn't been released due to privacy issues
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid