Could you eat an elephant?

Started by full back, January 15, 2009, 08:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

lads the snakes heart in a shot of Vodka put the nail in the coffin for me. It was still beating ffs. What was up with that guys presenting it. Had he some sort of disease. I missed the start of it and it may have said he had something wrong with him. But he looked like a sloth. He kept spinning his head round whilst talking to the camera and them glasses actually made it look worse. Plus his hands were all twisted inward. I found it hard to see how he could prepare food. If there was something wrong with him then i take it all back.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

under the bar

QuoteAnyone taste monkey brain or anything similar before?

Had cows brains on toast with cheese in my grannies when a laddie.

longrunsthefox

I saw a video one time, sick sh*t, were these diners sat in  a restaurant and the waiter lifted the gold globe thing on the table and a live monkey's head was sticking up wedged in. The poor critter's eyes were flying about his head and he was shreeking but he could move as these sickos hit it on the head with wooden mallets. Then the waiter cut its skull off and they spooned out its brain onto their plates. It was like that scene in the last Hannabal Lectar films. Disgusting it was. The poor thing was terrified. Not sure where it was....       

SidelineKick

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 15, 2009, 05:00:47 PM
I saw a video one time, sick sh*t, were these diners sat in  a restaurant and the waiter lifted the gold globe thing on the table and a live monkey's head was sticking up wedged in. The poor critter's eyes were flying about his head and he was shreeking but he could move as these sickos hit it on the head with wooden mallets. Then the waiter cut its skull off and they spooned out its brain onto their plates. It was like that scene in the last Hannabal Lectar films. Disgusting it was. The poor thing was terrified. Not sure where it was....       

Temps??
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

SidelineKick

Sorry fox, a real bad eating house in Belfast that isn't there anymore, sounded like something you could have been served there!

I wouldn't be one for trying new animals, I like to stick to chicken, cow, pig and turkey.  Sometimes duck. Occasionally pigeon. And fish don't really count.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

Rabbit is nice but being a fox... I am most partial to chicken   

Puckoon

Id eat almost anything - provided I didnt have some kind of mental aversion to it.

I think I could eat elephant no trouble, lion, tigers balls - all that stuff Id probably try.

Monkeys and Dogs are a little too humanised in my head for me to try.

ExiledGael

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 15, 2009, 05:02:08 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 15, 2009, 05:00:47 PM

Temps??

:D :D :D

comethekingdom

Hard to bate the hind leg of a badger!

bendurback

It said at the start of the program that the guy was diagnosed with parkinsons ten years ago win, must be why he was behaving like that.
I thought the eating of dogs was by far the worst, horse and snake i could probably handle but there would need to be a serious famine for me to consider eating a dog.

ONeill

Often thought about eating a human. I think I'd attempt to devour:

1) Mary McAleese
2) Terry Wogan
3) Ger Loughnane
4) Biddy From Glenroe

I just get the impression they'd be pretty tasty and the likes of Wogan could be spread over a few day with simple storage in the fridge. I reckon Biddy would go down well with spinach and Chateauneuf Du Pape and Loughnane with beetroot and milk. McAleese would be a snack.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 15, 2009, 11:55:25 PM
Often thought about eating a human. I think I'd attempt to devour:

1) Mary McAleese
2) Terry Wogan
3) Ger Loughnane
4) Biddy From Glenroe

I just get the impression they'd be pretty tasty and the likes of Wogan could be spread over a few day with simple storage in the fridge. I reckon Biddy would go down well with spinach and Chateauneuf Du Pape and Loughnane with beetroot and milk. McAleese would be a snack.

What would you wash Mary Harney down with?

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

That's an excellent question. I'd imagine if you were sitting down to gorge on Harney off the Bone, a cheeky aperitif would be a major plus. Maybe an armagnac, four glasses of. That would harden the palate.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Obviously Mary would have to be taken in one sitting as she wouldn't keep that long in the fridge. Her use by date would expire quickly.

A nice red maybe. I'd suggest a Cabinet Savagenon.
MWWSI 2017