Minor Trial Games

Started by Open yer eyes Man, January 14, 2009, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open yer eyes Man

Just came across this notification.

Re: Minor Trial Games

A Chara,

The issue of Trial games for County Minor Teams ahead of the start of collective training for Minor Teams on March 1st 2009 was discussed by An Coiste Bainistí at the weekend. The following was agreed:
1. Counties are permitted to hold two internal trial games only in the months of January and February
2. These games should only involve players who were not part of the 2008 County Minor Panel
3. There is no permission to play "trial" or "challenge" games with teams from other counties, with college teams etc. before March 1st
4. Collective training for the County Minor Panel(s) should not commence until March 1st.

You are also asked to note that the GAA's Insurance scheme's are unlikely to provide cover in circumstances where Counties are operating outside the terms outlined above in respect of collective training and/or games and that any activities organised without the permission of Central Council or in contravention of its stated policies may prejudice any potential insurance claim for accidents/injuries which occur in such circumstances and may have very serious implications for your County.

Is Mise le Meas,

Páraic Ó Dufaigh
ARD STIÚRTHÓIR

I wonder how many countys will adhere to this directive from Croke Park?  If its anything like senior county teams not training during November and December, I'd say not too many.

Blue and Navy

Doesn't leave a lot of time for training when the championship starts in early May.

Zulu

The only problem I have with this off season is that it is different for everybody, if your minor team was one of the first teams out in 2008 then your county minor squad might only be getting together after a 9 or 19 moth lay off. If I was a minor county coach I wouldn't pay too much heed to this directive as by the time I figured out my best squad we could be out of the championship.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 14, 2009, 05:16:46 PM
Just came across this notification.

Re: Minor Trial Games

A Chara,

The issue of Trial games for County Minor Teams ahead of the start of collective training for Minor Teams on March 1st 2009 was discussed by An Coiste Bainistí at the weekend. The following was agreed:
1. Counties are permitted to hold two internal trial games only in the months of January and February
2. These games should only involve players who were not part of the 2008 County Minor Panel
3. There is no permission to play "trial" or "challenge" games with teams from other counties, with college teams etc. before March 1st
4. Collective training for the County Minor Panel(s) should not commence until March 1st.

You are also asked to note that the GAA's Insurance scheme's are unlikely to provide cover in circumstances where Counties are operating outside the terms outlined above in respect of collective training and/or games and that any activities organised without the permission of Central Council or in contravention of its stated policies may prejudice any potential insurance claim for accidents/injuries which occur in such circumstances and may have very serious implications for your County.

Is Mise le Meas,

Páraic Ó Dufaigh
ARD STIÚRTHÓIR

I wonder how many countys will adhere to this directive from Croke Park?  If its anything like senior county teams not training during November and December, I'd say not too many.

So you have to have made your mind up about the players on last years panel?? This seems fairly stupid, in fact the whole lot does

Blue and Navy

Its fairly cat alrite, i mean what if the majority of your panel from last year are now over-age, or if you have a new manager in for the year. Its not very fair.

Open yer eyes Man

Reading some other websites, there is already discussion about who played well at trials.

These seem to be the usual trials and not trial games, so I would imagine that countys will just continue as they always did.

It is gonna be tough on new men coming in to try and put a panel together.

Also, will this affect the Ulster Minor League?  When does it start?

orangeman

I'd say most counties have either ignored this already - PC brigade gone mad.