Renting rooms in belfast

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, January 12, 2009, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Am looking for a place to stay in Belfast for a few months (the living at home experiment has been deemed a failure - never to be tried again). Is there any websites that advertise places to let? Looking something cheap and cheerful handy to QUB. Have tried Gumtree but is there any other sites likely to be of use?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mario

Take a trip down to the window of spar in the holylands, certain to find a few ad's there.

take_yer_points

under the bar

QuoteTake a trip down to the window of spar in the holylands, certain to find a few ad's there.

Yep.  World's your oyster at the min.   Unlikely any of these rooms will get filled at this stage of the year so start by offering half of what they want as half a loaf is better than no bread.  You can then use the money you saved by treating the fit birds of the house to alcohol in your room....

rage

Try www.propertynews.com they have a renting section, a lot of it is houses to rent but some near the bottom are rooms.  Alternatively if you are in belfast check the notice boards in supermarkets and shop windows in the main rental areas advertising places to rent

Rois

Aw Tacadoir if you'd asked me last week I could have sorted you out with a nice en suite room at a reasonable price, in a gaelic-mad house. 

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2009, 10:39:14 AM
Aw Tacadoir if you'd asked me last week I could have sorted you out with a nice en suite room at a reasonable price, in a gaelic-mad house. 

Thats the Gaa Board equivalent of them taking out the speedboat at the end of Bullseye!!

'Lets have a look at what you could have won!!'

charlie stubbs

and bullys special prize is..........

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 13, 2009, 06:41:27 PM

Thats the Gaa Board equivalent of them taking out the speedboat at the end of Bullseye!!

Its gonna take a long time to get over this particular disappointment! Thanks anyway though Rois.

Think I'm sorted now though - looked at a few places today and basically havta choose between 2 at similar rents - a small enough house in the Holylands or a bigger place with better facilities but a bit further out on the Upper Ormeau.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: hardstation on January 13, 2009, 11:05:07 PM
Did you check the notices outside Spar, as someone else said? I walked past a couple of days ago and there were a right few.

Checked them before Christmas.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 13, 2009, 11:03:45 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 13, 2009, 06:41:27 PM

Its gonna take a long time to get over this particular disappointment! Thanks anyway though Rois.

Think I'm sorted now though - looked at a few places today and basically havta choose between 2 at similar rents - a small enough house in the Holylands or a bigger place with better facilities but a bit further out on the Upper Ormeau.

How much is the rent if you don't mind me asking tac?? Seemed to go up every year I was down in belfast... Also what sort of crowds you living with?

TacadoirArdMhacha

£155 in the Holylands or £160 in the Upper Ormeau. I'm not sure if rent's gone down or if I've just been lucky. Have seen some dear enough places but there's bargains out there as well. Looked at a place at £170 on malone this afternoon and thought I'd be taking it but seen those two this evening and will definitely take one (just havta decide which by tomorrow morning). Haven't paid as little as that in Belfast since second year and that was a total kip. Both houses are rented by the room so not really sure what the housemates are like. Won't bother me too much anyway as I won't spend that much time there. Just need somewhere to lay my head at night!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 13, 2009, 11:59:03 PM
£155 in the Holylands or £160 in the Upper Ormeau. I'm not sure if rent's gone down or if I've just been lucky. Have seen some dear enough places but there's bargains out there as well. Looked at a place at £170 on malone this afternoon and thought I'd be taking it but seen those two this evening and will definitely take one (just havta decide which by tomorrow morning). Haven't paid as little as that in Belfast since second year and that was a total kip. Both houses are rented by the room so not really sure what the housemates are like. Won't bother me too much anyway as I won't spend that much time there. Just need somewhere to lay my head at night!

Fuk thats not bad at all, I would have thought you would have been talking £200 plus... Could you not have blagged your way back into the Elms?! Just dont mention you know me, they aren't too fond of me in there!!

under the bar

QuoteFcuk me, that's some drop. You wouldn't have got somewhere half decent for less than £200, last year.

Aye but it's January HS.  Come June/July that will be back up.  At the minute nobodys looking so they're unlikely to fill the room so half a loaf etc.