Late Late Show - GAA Special

Started by stephenite, January 08, 2009, 02:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=25672

Simple question. Is a gobshite from Meath any better or worse than Brush?

And what has Sharon Shannon and Mundy singing a song written by Steve Earle got to do with the GAA?

Methinks RTE have been harshly criticised

INDIANA

So you're saying everyone else is wrong when they say it was crap! Are you related to Pat Kenny?

T Fearon

Not at all. Just pointing out imo, Hector, Sharon Shannon and Mundy are of similar relevant to the GAA as the likes of Brush Shiells, yet the GAA has organised this Saturday night's event themselves. Where are the Scor groups etc on Saturday night, that everyone said should have been on the Late Late Show?

Also Jarlath was one of the Late Late Show's Biggest critics.

cornafean

Quote from: T Fearon on January 29, 2009, 02:57:17 PM
Not at all. Just pointing out imo, Hector, Sharon Shannon and Mundy are of similar relevant to the GAA as the likes of Brush Shiells, yet the GAA has organised this Saturday night's event themselves. Where are the Scor groups etc on Saturday night, that everyone said should have been on the Late Late Show?

Its one thing inviting the likes of Brush Shiels to sing on a show, its another thing altogether to interview him at length on a subject he neither knows nor cares much about. If the GAA propose to interview Sharon Shannon for 15 minutes on Saturday evening, all hell will break loose.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

T Fearon

Well I would assume Hector will be rambling on,for the most part, incoherently in his Navan bog accent. Is this really any worse or better than the recent Late Late show, in all honesty?

Main Street

Didn't Kenny introduce the FoA song as one sung on the terraces throughout the land  ???

Awful rendition by Brush of the ballad anyway.

cornafean

Quote from: T Fearon on January 29, 2009, 03:47:42 PM
Well I would assume Hector will be rambling on,for the most part, incoherently in his Navan bog accent. Is this really any worse or better than the recent Late Late show, in all honesty?

In this particular respect, probably worse.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Shamrock Shore

Hector = good reason to arrive just before throw-in.

Half time entertainment = good reason to go to jacks/buy drink.

If Brush appears can someone take him out please  and I don't mean for a drink!

Meh!

thebandit

I see Jarlath is still giving out about it in today's Gaelic Life.

He indicates that the RTE want to do another programme to properly mark the 125th anniversary.

rrhf

This show and its backlash killed kenny. 

ONeill

That'd be deadly. Kenny runs onto the field on AIF day reeking of drink, unshaven and dazed. He grabs the ball off Fergal Doherty and boots it over the Hill, shouting 'fcuk yis'.

Spot the ridiculous event in the above nonsense.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dodo

Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2009, 09:49:23 AM
That'd be deadly. Kenny runs onto the field on AIF day reeking of drink, unshaven and dazed. He grabs the ball off Fergal Doherty and boots it over the Hill, shouting 'fcuk yis'.

Spot the ridiculous event in the above nonsense.

ONeill

The Roar of the Lough

ONeill

Well done.

You win two tickets for the live audience at Gerry Kelly's BBC Radio Ulster debut.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

At the Tyrone derry game last week, a sagey old man in the corporate section said to me that had Enda Muldoon been allowed to play for his county of birth and of choice he would have had 3 all ireland medals and be shortly looking at a 4th.  His intercounty career must feel like a penance.