Would you want to win the Lotto?

Started by SidelineKick, January 06, 2009, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

with the amount of time some spend on this site there must be a few winners.

Tony Baloney

Where is Pints to point out the negatives of winning the lotto?!

I'd love it and the more money the better! I'd buy all 2537 board members a pint cos that's just the sort of guy I am!

Heganboy you must have expensive tastes as it is if you need 25 mill to relax!

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2009, 06:00:17 PM
If I won something like the Euromillions €160 million or something like it I would love to buy a lower division soccer club in England and run it as a business...
How much is Leeds United worth at this stage? I'm sure I'd have change out of €5 million  :)

Was reading last week about people that have won millions on the Lottery and lost it all, some Scottish fella won £10m and invested a fair bit in Livingston Fc who subsequently went into administration. He is now broke............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Watcher Pat

I would be happy enough with £1,000,000....Just to say i'm a millionaire!!

You could live very well for the rest of your life with it just left in a high interest a/c....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

pintsofguinness

QuoteWhere is Pints to point out the negatives of winning the lotto?!

Between this thread and the bucket list one...well...I'm just waiting on everyone to come back to earth.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

billy the kid

Would you want to win the lotto?

Is that not like your woman asking you "Do you want to have Sex?"
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Puckoon

Absolutely not billy. Its like Anna Kournikova (insert whoever you like there) saying - "Do you wanna have sex"?

Gnevin

If I won something like the Euromillions €160 million or something like it I would love to buy a lower division soccer club in England and run it as a business...
How much is Leeds United worth at this stage? I'm sure I'd have change out of €5 million  :)
Would you not buy an Irish club instead of a British soccer team ?  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on January 06, 2009, 09:37:39 PM

Nah its all about bettering Britain and British sport for LL  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

armagh leg-end

would love to win it....although it would need to be a decent amount!

sure a quality house in a great location would set you back 2 to 3million!

i'd start a business with, try and get it to succeed as something productive to pass on to my family who can then make money out of it!

in terms of friends and family, id tell them all to take a certain 2 weeks, pack them all onto a cruise ship and give them an all expense paid holiday!!
Ard Mhacha Abu

thebandit

milltown row

do the lottery every week, if i were to win i'd continue to work. i enjoy going to work. enjoy it better in a brand new Jag.

it wouldn't change me in the slightest. the club would get new changing rooms for sure. falling down round us at the minute. would fix up the house (wouldn't move) and buy a house in Frejus (south of France) if my good wife wanted to stop working then grand.

fitzroyalty

I never do the lottery but would love to win and know exactly what I'd do with the doe...

Firstly I'd hand over a big whack of a donation to the club
Invest in a business, although given the current climate I would probably put away for that
Treat the relatives (holidays, presents etc)
Commission the manufacture of a solid gold reaching stick (with adjustable claw)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on January 06, 2009, 10:16:30 PM

Nah its all about bettering Britain and British sport for LL  ;)

As a business man it would make more sense to buy a English team..
Did Ronald not teach you anything about business in McDonald's training school,or did they just show you how to flip the burgers?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

It's a wee bit of a long shot, compared with say backing a 100/1 shot in the National. If you play the Irish Lotto twice a week, every week, you ARE likely to win the jackpot. In about the year  27000 - i.e. about 25,000 years from now.

To improve our chances we could form a syndicate - we should be able to get 1,000 members out of the 2,000-plus posters here. That way we'll dramatically improve our chances and we'll have a good chance of winning the million sometime in the next 25 years. Of course a million divided by 1,000 is 1,000 - is not a whole lot in 25 years. We'd have spent 5,000 each on tickets.

It'd be a better proposition to burn a tenner once a month. At least you'd get a bit of heat from the tenner.