Author Topic: The official Everton FC Supporters thread  (Read 194731 times)

Mr. Nakata

• View Profile
Re: The official Everton FC Supporters thread
« Reply #1875 on: November 02, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
Horrible team selection from Ancelotti. Packed the midfield. Zero width. He clearly doesn't fancy young Gordon, which is baffling. Going to Newcastle and playing for a point is unacceptable. We look a different team without Richarlison, and clueless without James. Take out our 2 fullbacks and we look worse than useless. Best we can hope for is not getting beat by United next weekend and then get all the players back fit and ready after the international break.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 02, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
This is what shows Evertonís difficulties are going to be. Grand first 11 but a very shallow squad. Richarlison may be a twat but he is very effective and his pace is crucial for Everton. Iwobi is fast but isnít the greatest technical player.

The problem may be that Carlo has bet the house on breaking into Europe this year but that is far from a guarantee. If they donít get European football for next seasons there is a top heavy squad of older players and limited cash to support them with new players.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 02, 2020, 03:47:05 PM »
That international break came at the wrong time

We actually need another one now to get players fit.

I'd prefer to use young lads like Gordon than some of the players who are stealing wages from the club

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 02, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »

I'd prefer to use young lads like Gordon than some of the players who are stealing wages from the club

Gordon, isnít that the lad that came in from Norwich?

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 02, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

Gordon, isnít that the lad that came in from Norwich?
That's Godfrey

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 09, 2020, 09:57:40 AM »
Quiet in here recently....

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 09, 2020, 08:03:08 PM »
Theyve just won Community Club of the Year 2020 goin by the Twitter tho! (Im not kidding for once)

Thought the lads would be all over this, be awkward if a Pool fan had to bring it to their attention 😎

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 16, 2020, 08:04:26 PM »
Great start to the Xmas fixtures with hard fought wins against Chelsea and Leicester and with 2 much needed clean sheets. The injury to Allan is a massive blow though.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

• View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 17, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »
Godfrey and Holgate have done a great job deputizing for the injured fullbacks and all of a sudden Iwobi is looking half decent. I don't expect the eyebrow to change anything dramatically for the Arsenal game. Pickford will come back in even though I've been impressed with Olsen in his 2 outings between the sticks. Doucoure can play the holding midfield role as he was superb last night when Allan went off injured, but Gylfi and Gomes playing together does not excite me so much....both lacking in pace, but maybe I'm being harsh....they've played well in these last few games too. Great to see young Gordon getting a few minutes at the end last night. We'll need him for sure in the upcoming fixtures. After back to back wins I'll be gutted now if we can't turn over the goons at Goodison, but it's been a funny old season so far....majestic at the start, then dreadful for a month...and now looking solid and hard to beat.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 19, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »
Very quiet in here

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 26, 2020, 10:21:32 PM »
Just about deserved the win.
Getting dizzy up here

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 26, 2020, 10:33:14 PM »
Godfrey starting to look really good and holgate not bad either. Considering who all is missing thatís a good win. I expect Man City to be a step too far but you never know as they arenít fully firing this year.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 27, 2020, 10:59:42 AM »
Theyíre doing well at the minute but the squad is thin so as the games build up then the pressure will be on. Still think theyíll struggle to make the top 4 and 2-3 bad results has a team back to mid table. Youíd expect 2-3 teams to go on strong runs from here and I donít see Everton being one of them

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 27, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »
Top six Iíd be happy. Not enough depth there so like you say this period will likely take itís toll.

Midfield needs serious strengthening. Too many lazy deckers there without Allan or doucoure.

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 27, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »
Any squad is going to be stretched with the amount of games at the minute and injuries are obviously going to happen because of that. Everton have played 3 games since Liverpool last played and play again tomorrow, no Allan, no Rodriguez, no Richarlison, no Digne and no complaints from ancellotti.
nil satis nisi optimum