Started by Fíor Gael, January 05, 2009, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 06, 2009, 03:00:28 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on January 06, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
man with a big stick at the door   ;D ;D

:D

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 06, 2009, 02:57:21 PM
A very easy rule to enforce, anyone that you want to invite to the wedding, their name will be on the invite,

And what about anyone who has just started a relationship? Does it have to be a minimum period of time? Perhaps only people that are engaged to show the seriousness of their relationship  ::)

Dont worry sk, if you are ever getting an invite it will be you & the Mrs' name on it ;)

cornerback

When i was doing my wedding invitations i mentioned to most of the single lads (ie no girlfriend) that they would get a 'plus guest' on their invitation but that i didn't want them just to invite a random person...

The universal response was that even if these lads were goin out with someone at that stage they wouldn't be bringing a girl as the girl wouldn't know anyone and it would risk spoiling their day having to look after the girl the whole time...

As a result i didn't put plus guest on any of the single fella's invitations and they all had a brilliant day.

Its your day, don't put plus guest on the invitation just for the sake of it.  You'll find that many (esp fella's) wouldn't want a guest but once you give them the option there's a good chance they will take someone - at your expense!!!

cavan4ever

Quote from: cornerback on January 06, 2009, 03:09:47 PM
When i was doing my wedding invitations i mentioned to most of the single lads (ie no girlfriend) that they would get a 'plus guest' on their invitation but that i didn't want them just to invite a random person...

The universal response was that even if these lads were goin out with someone at that stage they wouldn't be bringing a girl as the girl wouldn't know anyone and it would risk spoiling their day having to look after the girl the whole time...

As a result i didn't put plus guest on any of the single fella's invitations and they all had a brilliant day.

Its your day, don't put plus guest on the invitation just for the sake of it.  You'll find that many (esp fella's) wouldn't want a guest but once you give them the option there's a good chance they will take someone - at your expense!!!

More loose women there the better  :D

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhen i was doing my wedding invitations i mentioned to most of the single lads (ie no girlfriend) that they would get a 'plus guest' on their invitation but that i didn't want them just to invite a random person...

Exactly the philosophy I hope will prevail...
#newbridgeornowhere

Rois

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2009, 03:17:17 PM
QuoteWhen i was doing my wedding invitations i mentioned to most of the single lads (ie no girlfriend) that they would get a 'plus guest' on their invitation but that i didn't want them just to invite a random person...

Exactly the philosophy I hope will prevail...

Was just discussing this with a friend last night and she's doing exactly that.  I wouldn't expect it any other way.  Esp at €70 a head at her wedding.

wherefromreferee?

Rois, tell me it's not 70euros a head at weddings these days?  So if the gift received from a couple is 100euros, you're down 40euros??  Couldnt be right.

PS where is the euro sign on my damn keyboard  ???
In your Endo!

Hardy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2009, 01:48:56 PM
Interesting reading considering I'm getting married next July. Looked at all the options available, small family wedding, overseas wedding (big and small) etc etc but decided we wanted to get married in Ireland but somewhere memorable as we have family and friends travelling from USA. Oz and England so that ruled out Kildare and have decided on Inchydoney in West Cork.

We're inviting all our friends and have asked both sets of parents who they would like there, it's the 5th wedding between both families but the 1st on Irish soil. We've organised a traditional music session the night before and a bar-be-que on the beach the day after. The costs aren't too prohibitive and we'll only be taking a weeks honeymoon in Italy. We expect approx 150 to attend, the wedding will be paid for before the big day and any presents or cash will just be an added bonus to what we expect to be a great weekend.

My daughter will be a year old and hopefully she'll be able to walk down the aisle with us. I have one rule and that is if you're single you will not be allowed invite a partner as I  simply do not want any strangers there.
Nice location Dinny, was down staying in that place during my recouperation last June - think it was round the last week in June.
Good bar at the side of the hotel, great beach and there are plenty of good enough pubs in clonakilty a couple of miles inland.
'an sugan' is a cracking restaurant that focuses mostly on fish (good steaks etc though too).

Dont know if you ae stayig in the hotel, but the adjacent 'appartments' owned by the hotel look superb, all overlooking the sea.
Should have a great time - esp if the weather is good - and it has to be, think we are owed a good summer this year!

Best of luck

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Hardy on January 06, 2009, 04:36:02 PM
AltGr-4

€  Its a bad day when you learn nothing.  Cheers Hardy
In your Endo!

The squinted eye

An Sugan!!!

Was that tosser of a host in there that day, ate there twice two weekends in succession last year.Yer man drove us nuts!

From a recently married man myself I was glad that I put + guest to all the single people, not one person took me up on that offer and me and the wife knew we werent subjected to the bitchy comments i have heard about some of my other friends weddings. Very very rarely will someone take you up on that + guest offer. Particularly if they are close friends because who wants to spend the day making sure your partner is ok when you can go on the lash with your friends.

Rois

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on January 06, 2009, 04:35:12 PM
Rois, tell me it's not 70euros a head at weddings these days?  So if the gift received from a couple is 100euros, you're down 40euros??  Couldnt be right.

Oh indeed it is right, at Solis Lough Eske anyway.  She was OK when the exchange rate was £0.70/€1 but now it's put severe pressure on. 

The cost of staying over is €250 or something like that.  May be rethinking that one. 

maggie

My friend is having her reception in Killyhevlin (outside Enniskillen) and it is resonable enough and seems like a nice gaff.
We called in to price the Lough Erne first and while the location is stunning, the price was ridiculous.

Went to two weddings last year and told the brides not to even bother with the 'plus one' on my invite as did the rest of the single gals. (we all then pulled at the weddings-so good result all round!)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 06, 2009, 09:54:53 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 06, 2009, 07:03:27 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 09:28:09 PM
Myself and the future Mrs Na G. took ourselves off to the Irish College in Rome. Spent a fortnight in Rome and the surrounding area, came back and had a bit of a knees up for family and friends. Not a sit down meal or anything, just music and a buffet. If you're looking to save money, it'll do that for you. Better, though, and the reason why we did it, is that it takes all the worry and stress out of the event. The two of us had a lovely day and a great honeymoon, without all the usual hassle that goes with it.

What the f**k happened out there?
Usual oul' stuff. Loads of pasta, loads of wine, plenty of sight seeing, bit of jiggy-jiggy, propaganda lectures at the British Embassy, that kind of thing.  ;)
it worked obviously !
:o

should have gone to the lectures in the Irish college on 'Realistic political actualities of modern day Ireland ' instead   ;)
Gone to them? Sure I was delivering them. :D

pintsofguinness

LL
QuoteI have been going out with my woman for 5 years and am living with her for the past 3,we're not married so I would consider myself single,certainly on any forms I fill for anything when asked its always the single box I would tick

:D  :D  :D
Bullshit! 

Why have you "I'm in a relationship" (aaaaaahhhh) on your facebook?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2009, 07:37:37 PM
LL
QuoteI have been going out with my woman for 5 years and am living with her for the past 3,we're not married so I would consider myself single,certainly on any forms I fill for anything when asked its always the single box I would tick

:D  :D  :D
Bullshit! 

Why have you "I'm in a relationship" (aaaaaahhhh) on your facebook?

Well Duh because I am of course... ::)
I'm still "single" though...
You'll Never Walk Alone.