iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

When trying to access the videos on the Sky News app since last night, either on WI-FI or 3G I get "server not configured properly". It has been working grand all week. Anyone get this error before?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Downloaded a class wee app last night. Ocarina, it turns the iPhone into a musical instrument. Beautiful sounds too.
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

is there a bluetooth app?

flantheman82

got 101 on easy last night. was in the zone listening to some music before the wife nudged my arm. apparently she was shouting and i was ignoring her. could've cried.

take_yer_points

I've been trying to get an app with Radio Ulster for a while now but not having any joy - I've just been trying the free apps. I got Radio 1 working last night but not Radio Ulster - has anyone else managed to get it yet? On a free or a paid app?

Shamrock Shore

WunderRadio is the business for streaming radio. Make sure your package has some sort of 3G download or else you could lose a fortune. I have 1GB per month which seems to be sufficient.

What's the best Sat Nav for the iPhone?

take_yer_points

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 14, 2009, 12:38:58 PM
WunderRadio is the business for streaming radio. Make sure your package has some sort of 3G download or else you could lose a fortune. I have 1GB per month which seems to be sufficient.

Cheers. I've only used the built in maps so far. TomTom is coming soon though - it should be good

Minder

Quote from: take_yer_points on July 14, 2009, 01:51:52 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 14, 2009, 12:38:58 PM

Cheers. I've only used the built in maps so far. TomTom is coming soon though - it should be good
Will probably be £60-70 though, there has been one just released, Navigon, is £52.99
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

A good app which I use alot is free for this weekend only. Called Mobile Allowance. What it does, it will log you into your O2 account and get your current bill status telling you how many minutes used/left, texts used/left, current spend and next bill update. Use it alot of the time as its easier than going to the O2 website and logging in etc. Worthwhile getting if you like to check your bill during the month.

Lady GAA GAA

Just jailbreak the damn thing  :D

Paying money for apps, lol

take_yer_points

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 24, 2009, 12:10:25 AM
Just jailbreak the damn thing  :D

Paying money for apps, lol

What are the benefits of jailbreaking the phone? What are the risks?

Can I restore the phone to its original non-jailbroken state if I want to?

ONeill

sky sports have an excellent free app. If you want to keep an eye on various games across Europe, there's a deadly customised option.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shamrock Shore

I see there is a 'bursting bubblewrap' application.

Evenings now ruined.

tyroneman

Is there any truth o2 will soon lose exclusivity and hopefully price will come down?

Bensars

Is there any other way of getting the applications than through the phone itself ?