Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 87599 times)

trailer

• View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #750 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
Anyone have any experience on where I stand with this one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Right car all of sudden wouldnt start and had to be towed to the mechanics. Needed it fixed quick as we were going on holidays. Mechanic says no chance, so as its a Discovery, and the fact the mechanic knew we were on holidays, I reckon he didnt even look at it for a couple of weeks bar checking to see if it was anything simple. Well it turns out it was, it was filled to the neck with petrol instead of diesel. He didnt notice at first because when he checked the fuel lines there was still diesel in them. The petrol station we got the fuel from is in Donegal, and we have a pretty good relationship with them as we have an account and get all the vehicles from work filled there and would never have them filled anywhere else. So I let them know the bad news the other day and they were quite defensive. Said the cctv doesnt go back that far. I asked what does that prove, as they aren't disputing they filled it up on that date as it was signed for?? They asked to bring a sample of the fuel down, and as soon as the car is fixed I have about 60 litres to bring back to them! Other than them saying I could have got it filled up elsewhere, which would be a stupid thing to say considering the relationship, not to mention the fact you would just go to the garage that actually filled it up, I dont know what there POV is? So far it has cost me the fuel and at least £200 with the mechanic. I would be expecting at least the cost of the fuel back, but in truth would also expect them to cover the cost of the repair, though I expect this is going to be a struggle. If thats the case could you make a claim against their insurance? Anyone any idea where I stand on this? Some people have said they think it will be tough luck, but I just dont see why I should be out the cost through a mistake that was no fault of my own?

So you're saying the Diesel tank at the station had Petrol in it? Surely there would be more than you complaining if that was the case?
No Im saying their attendant lifted the wrong hose and put it in the car. The fuel cap on the car is clearly marked Diesel, and the same guy as filled it up a 100 times previously. I can only imagine he had a brain fart.

Right, ahhy. I'd say you're gonna have to buck that goat.

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 13, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
I’d like to think they’re liable. One of their employees filled your car with the wrong fuel? They haven’t really got a leg to stand on, do they?

giveherlong

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 25, 2019, 07:42:13 PM »
I have a Parrot CK3100 hands free kit in the car. Never had any bother with it until a couple of weeks ago. A number of times it wouldn’t work and was just sitting with the backlight on and “goodbye” on the screen despite the ignition being turned off and car even locked.  Disconnecting the battery terminal worked for a while.
Now it’s not powering up at all and when I do a disconnect at the battery for 5 mins it lights up and then “ no signal” appears on screen for a short while and then the unit goes blank. Anyone experienced similar problems or have any suggestions?

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
A GAA related car problem ...
« Reply #753 on: September 25, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge … anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Yes, that was an expensive club game to attend!

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
Re: A GAA related car problem ...
« Reply #754 on: September 25, 2019, 09:32:27 PM »
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge … anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:36:31 PM by Ball Hopper »

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 25, 2019, 10:14:24 PM »

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

Yes, but only one car park to choose from, and that was behind the goals.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2019, 10:16:32 PM »

Would the host club's insurance cover such an event?

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 26, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 26, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

their insurance will cover.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 26, 2019, 03:26:50 PM »

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 26, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
Heard Jarlath Burns say on Off the ball that it takes the revenue generated from one of the AI final days to cover the Players injury scheme alone. Public liabilty can be a crippling cost for clubs, drive through the gates of any GAA club, your car could get hit with a ball, that we have to accept. Either that or park out on the road and take your chances there.  If a wall or a post falls on top of it thats another story.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 26, 2019, 04:06:06 PM »

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.

That well may be the case but clubs need to be aware that those fogra signs aren't worth the tin their painted on.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 26, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »

It's LITERALLY the point of insurance.

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 26, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »

Is a secondhand bonnet an option, have a look on ebay. £550 for a new bonnet fitted and painted seems quite reasonable.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

supersarsfields

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 26, 2019, 05:01:20 PM »
How important is the splash guard under the engine. Mine cracked and came down and has broken in bits. I've removed it now to stop it trailing of the ground but is it an essential to replace?