Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 82294 times)

trailer

• View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #765 on: September 26, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge … anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Yes, that was an expensive club game to attend!

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

Yes, but only one car park to choose from, and that was behind the goals.

Would the host club's insurance cover such an event?

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

their insurance will cover.

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.
It's LITERALLY the point of insurance.

No it's not. The person parked his car BEHIND GOAL POSTS and it got damaged by a football. You're advocating that he claims off a charity for the damage. Someone will pay, either directly or indirectly through enhanced premiums.
If I parked my vehicle in a field and cattle damaged, it should I claim off the farmer and owner of the field?

Ridiculous.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 26, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
The designated parking place was not safe.  Valid claim.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 26, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge … anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Yes, that was an expensive club game to attend!

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

Yes, but only one car park to choose from, and that was behind the goals.

Would the host club's insurance cover such an event?

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

their insurance will cover.

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.
It's LITERALLY the point of insurance.

No it's not. The person parked his car BEHIND GOAL POSTS and it got damaged by a football. You're advocating that he claims off a charity for the damage. Someone will pay, either directly or indirectly through enhanced premiums.
If I parked my vehicle in a field and cattle damaged, it should I claim off the farmer and owner of the field?

Ridiculous.
Agreed, what happened that people no longer want to take responsibility for their actions. The way this is going they will have to fully cover the pitch in some kind of netting or easier still, no cars at all in the car park.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 26, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »
System put in place to prevent damage.  System inadequate.  Valid claim.

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 27, 2019, 06:39:52 AM »
Following a risk assessment in relation to all persons outside the field of play and their vehicles where ther may be a a risk of physical injury or damage to property it has been decided that he field will be entirely encapsulated in safety netting. Due to lack of funds and current expenditure the committee has decided that the use of footballs and sliothars is banned until further notice. ::) Was

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 27, 2019, 10:17:22 AM »
f**king claim culture and spongers in this country would sicken ye.

Stevie Nicks

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2019, 02:43:10 PM »
Question..
I have a 1.8 Galaxy 2008, there was some confusion over whether it had a wet timing belt or chain.
We replaced the timing belt and tensioner at 120k miles, there is a chain at the bottom of the engine do they give problems?? Would it need changed?
My mechanic says they are not worth changing in this age of car as they don't give any problems

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Anyone know how you can get your driving license number if you have lost you license?

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2019, 05:51:42 PM »
Anyone know how you can get your driving license number if you have lost you license?

You have a number of options.

A: Contact your local butcher.
B: Contact the barman.
C: Contact the DVLA.

For future reference it's always a good precaution to have a digital copy of all your documents stored safely.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 06, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »
Alert popped up on my Honda CR-V yesterday. It says ‘check system’ with a symbol which when I looked it up online is to do with DPF. Something to do with a soot build up due to lack of long journeys with higher revs. On advice of my mechanic I took the car on a long drive down motorway hoping that the problem would clear but alas no.
Anyone familiar with this problem and how to go about sorting it?

Ambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 06, 2019, 10:55:17 PM »
Your mechanic should have done a forced regeneration of the DPF, his diagnostics should tell him the soot levels in the DPF. They can be cleaned, or they can be removed but you then have to fool the ECU and the MOT tester.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 06, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »
Your mechanic should have done a forced regeneration of the DPF, his diagnostics should tell him the soot levels in the DPF. They can be cleaned, or they can be removed but you then have to fool the ECU and the MOT tester.

He told me if the journey didn’t clear it he could clear the problem through the computer he had. It would take an hour or so so that’s where I ll have to go.

supersarsfields

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 07, 2019, 02:32:07 PM »
Alert popped up on my Honda CR-V yesterday. It says ‘check system’ with a symbol which when I looked it up online is to do with DPF. Something to do with a soot build up due to lack of long journeys with higher revs. On advice of my mechanic I took the car on a long drive down motorway hoping that the problem would clear but alas no.
Anyone familiar with this problem and how to go about sorting it?

You could try one of the DPF cleaning additives. Have used one before went for a longer spin and seemed to work. Although it may have  just worked without it as well. But for the price, worth trying.