January 2009 Transfer window

Started by The Real Laoislad, January 01, 2009, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Read on a Liverpool FC forum today that Liverpool are looking to sign Brazillian right mf Augosto Renato,could be true seeing Pennant is probaly gone. honestly I can't say I know much about him though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

The Pool are pushing hard for Glen Johnson. I was listening to Graham Hunter the other night and he was saying that the deal for pennant to Madrid was moreorless done last a few weeks ago, the two clubs had agreed a fee, Pennant's agent was in Madrid and they were offered terms.  Pennant said he wouldn't leave unless he got £60k a week.  Madrid told him to sling his hook, suprisingly :P.  He is some f**king scanvenger if he reckons he would be worth £60k a week to Madrid. 

Two Serbs joined Manure today for £16m. Slur Alex has said that is the clubs business for the season finished, is that a clear shot across the Tevez bows?

Man Utd seal deal for Serbian duo
Zoran Tosic
Winger Tosic is one of Serbia's rising stars

Manchester United have completed the signings of Serbian pair Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade.

Left-winger Tosic and midfielder Ljajic arrive at Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee although reports claim a combined figure of £16.3m.

The 21-year-old goes straight into United's squad while 17-year-old Ljajic will be loaned back out to Partizan.

Boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "That's it for us in the transfer window. We're done with our business this season."

Tosic - nicknamed Bambi because of his lean build - has appeared 12 times for his country and can play on either flank, having also starred for Serbia's Under-21 side.

He will join countryman Nemanja Vidic at Old Trafford and wear the number 14 shirt while Ljajic will arrive back at United for the 2009/10 season.

Ferguson said: "We have been watching Tosic for over a year and in that time, he has become a regular in the Serbia national team.

"He's a winger and we like wide players here at Manchester United, so we are very hopeful that he will do well for us.

"He hasn't played since 10 December, however, so he will need some time to adjust to the speed of the game over here and get used to the training.

"But once he gets himself accustomed to the pace, then I am sure he will play a part for us this season. Ljajic is another good player with real quality and he will come over to Manchester in time for next season."

Tosic increases manager Sir Alex Ferguson's options on the left wing with Ryan Giggs and Nani already battling it out in that position although in recent weeks Ji-sung Park has also played there.

The GAA

The tevez deal is for 32m at the end of the loan (this summer) or any time in between. doesn't make much sense shelling out the cash anytime before the summer as anything could happen carlos in between and the terms of the loan mean he can't go elsewhere before then anyway.

lynchbhoy

an inj free given is as good as all other top GK in epl.
Even cech - based on his euro 2008 form !
Only Chelsea wouldnt benefit from signing given, I used to under rate him because he is Irish to be honest, but he is good.
Think VDS is on the downward curve and reina is way over rated by liverpool people (I never rated him as a good gk)and as error prone as boruc, if nore more so. Arsenal need a good keeper the most though.
but thats all imo

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 02, 2009, 06:36:52 PM
Only Chelsea wouldnt benefit from signing given, I used to under rate him because he is Irish to be honest, but he is good.
Think VDS is on the downward curve and reina is way over rated by liverpool people (I never rated him as a good gk)and as error prone as boruc, if nore more so. Arsenal need a good keeper the most though.
but thats all imo

Your views on soccer are about as insightful as your ones on gaelic football I see.

ie. Not very. ;D

In fairness to describe Reina as being error prone though is complete nonsense. I probably watch every single Liverpool game and I'm struggling to remember the last time he made a howler. In fact the last bad mistake I can remember him making was for one of Andy Johnson's goals when Everton won the Merseyside derby 3-0. That was back in September 2006.

screenexile

Quote from: AFS on January 03, 2009, 12:34:57 AM
Anyone else think that, from an Irish perspective, Given moving from Newcastle mightn't be such a great thing?

I mean, for the majority of his career he hasn't had midweek European football to worry about, but if he starts to get that on a regular basis an early international retirement might seem more appealing.

For a goalkeeper? Are you having a laugh? If he does he'd need to catch himself on... he seems to be the loyal sort so I can't see himi leaving Ireland anytime soon.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on January 03, 2009, 01:17:28 AM
Well most guys that go down this road don't actually cite the extra 90 minutes as the problem, rather the extra time away from home (Given has a young family as far as I know) and the rigors of travel as their reasons for quitting the international scene.

That's a good point....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 02, 2009, 06:59:02 PM
but thats all imo

Your views on soccer are about as insightful as your ones on gaelic football I see.

ie. Not very. ;D

In fairness to describe Reina as being error prone though is complete nonsense. I probably watch every single Liverpool game and I'm struggling to remember the last time he made a howler. In fact the last bad mistake I can remember him making was for one of Andy Johnson's goals when Everton won the Merseyside derby 3-0. That was back in September 2006.
we all have diff views on things,  I think I have proved my 'insight' has some merit with it winning silverware for my local club. Can you say the same?

to be fair, I cant say that I recall anything of note from yourself...which speaks volumes.

so you disagree with me over reina...fine, but dont throw the dummy out of the pram because someone says something untoward about your 'beloved' liverpool  ::)

imo reina is error prone. Id take cech, boruc and given over him any day (and thats just from england/scotland).

count to ten and dont cry ! :D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 03, 2009, 01:56:00 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 02, 2009, 06:59:02 PM
but thats all imo

ie. Not very. ;D

we all have diff views on things,  I think I have proved my 'insight' has some merit with it winning silverware for my local club. Can you say the same?

to be fair, I cant say that I recall anything of note from yourself...which speaks volumes.

so you disagree with me over reina...fine, but dont throw the dummy out of the pram because someone says something untoward about your 'beloved' liverpool  ::)

imo reina is error prone. Id take cech, boruc and given over him any day (and thats just from england/scotland).

count to ten and dont cry ! :D

You just have some odd opinions on sport (IMO) which I actually think someone else pulled you up on a few weeks or months ago. Can't remember who off the top of my head now. Fair enough though everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how off the wall they are.

As for not remembering anything I've said I believe the phrase is "empty vessels make the most noise". and they are plenty of empty vessels on the internet. ;D

As for what trophies have to do with insight on anything I'm not sure but since you asked I've done just fine but all the trophies in the world don't stop someone from having mad opinions on things.

Anyway you seem to have taken this a tad personally. I thought the  ;D indicated that I was only messing about so apologies if I hurt your feelings LB.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 03, 2009, 02:39:46 PM
You just have some odd opinions on sport (IMO)

Cant say I strongly disagree with that, would say different rather than mad though !

which I actually think someone else pulled you up on a few weeks or months ago. Can't remember who off the top of my head now. Fair enough though everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how off the wall they are.
dunno about 'being pulled up' certainly have not been chastised for being 'wrong' - though plenty of disagreement on topics though, but thats life!

As for not remembering anything I've said I believe the phrase is "empty vessels make the most noise". and they are plenty of empty vessels on the internet. ;D
ach thats something teachers say to try and shame the kids and keep the kids quiet !
empty vessels in the workplace usually get the sack !
:o

As for what trophies have to do with insight on anything I'm not sure but since you asked I've done just fine but all the trophies in the world don't stop someone from having mad opinions on things.
wasnt meaning that, its people with normal/mad insights like ger loughnane/eamonn coleman etc I was referring to

Anyway you seem to have taken this a tad personally. I thought the   indicated that I was only messing about so apologies if I hurt your feelings LB
maybe so, with the arse the size of and the hide of an elephant ,I'm not too upset..no offense intended..
HNY GBB!

GalwayBayBoy

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

thebandit

Jimmy Joe

full back

12.36 Sky Sports sources understand Robbie Keane is having a medical at Tottenham Hotspur as he looks to complete a return to White Hart Lane.