Dublin v Tyrone BOYCOTT

Started by Tankie, December 31, 2008, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Well you obviously dont care about them when your moaning looking this match played in Parnell Park were most fans will miss out!Typical Dublin bullshit.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 03, 2009, 09:17:15 PM
Well you obviously dont care about them when your moaning looking this match played in Parnell Park were most fans will miss out!Typical Dublin bullshit.

Agreed. Don't think there's any point going any further with this debate. You won't get him to see logic.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tankie

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 03, 2009, 09:20:13 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 03, 2009, 09:17:15 PM

Agreed. Don't think there's any point going any further with this debate. You won't get him to see logic.

You cannot claim that you are talking logic.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteOk so 40k fans were not able to get tickets. still nobody cares about them i guess.....

Yup, we dont give a flying feck, in the same way that Dublin fans dont give a shite that Kerry fans have to travel 300miles round trip to watch a game in Croker.
so, for the love of Jesus, will you stop whining at us to give a feck because we dont...ok ? Its your bloody problem so boycott the game or dont boycott the game, claim the hill or dont claim the hill, have the team warm up at the hill end or dont warm up at the hill end, have the players salute the fans or  have them not salute the fans, keep little blue books or dont keep little blue books, snort coke on the hill or dont snort coke on the hill, rail against  the media attention or be media whores, buy arnotts jersies to "support the boys" or boycott the jersies because you wont be exploited, dislike culchies or hate culchies....do whatever the f**k ye want but just dont expect any of the rest of us to give a shite. We have our own problems to deal with.

Buttofthehill

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 03, 2009, 10:47:33 PM
QuoteOk so 40k fans were not able to get tickets. still nobody cares about them i guess.....

Yup, we dont give a flying feck, in the same way that Dublin fans dont give a shite that Kerry fans have to travel 300miles round trip to watch a game in Croker.
so, for the love of Jesus, will you stop whining at us to give a feck because we dont...ok ? Its your bloody problem so boycott the game or dont boycott the game, claim the hill or dont claim the hill, have the team warm up at the hill end or dont warm up at the hill end, have the players salute the fans or  have them not salute the fans, keep little blue books or dont keep little blue books, snort coke on the hill or dont snort coke on the hill, rail against  the media attention or be media whores, buy arnotts jersies to "support the boys" or boycott the jersies because you wont be exploited, dislike culchies or hate culchies....do whatever the f**k ye want but just dont expect any of the rest of us to give a shite. We have our own problems to deal with.

Ahem Ahem, I dont think Kerry people should throw stones about thre use of drugs ;D

The Real Laoislad

Excellent stuff Mike  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

I've read the thread, i've read it all but I am still very confused. Surely this is a wind-up?

RedandGreenSniper

Probably the easiest thing a Kerryman will win so far given the date it is but POST OF THE YEAR!!! Maigh an fear Micheal
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Dougal Maguire

Heard it from good authority that Horslips are re-uniting to provide the half time entertainment. Just bought a family ticket even though I'm an Armagh man. DElighted to hear that Tankie et al will be outside, although I remember in 2003 the opening match of the league was Armagh the then AI champs v Dublin and I didn't hear any talk of boycotts them. I also seem to recall that we hammered the Dubs that day but thats another story
Careful now

The Real Laoislad

The Ballad of a Protesting Dub (sung to the tune of Afroman Because I got high)

I wasn't gonna go to the match, until I got high
I wasn't gonna get up and pay the cash, But then I got high
Now my protest is all messed up, And I know why, (why man) 'cuz I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

I was gonna boycott the game, before I got high
I could'a made a difference that was my aim, but I got high
Now I'm standing on Hill 16 and I know why, (why man) 'cuz I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

I was gonna be the hero, but then I got high
I was gonna bring the Gaa down to zero,but then I got high
Now I'm selling dope to my buds on the Hill and I know why, (why man) 'cuz I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

If I was pat gilroy (or any new manager with a lot of new faces on my inter county panel) I'd jump at every opportunity to get my county team to play in croker and thus get my panel more exp with croker for summer ventures - even though they may be used to it already, its no harm to have the place eteched into the brain so its as comfortable as possible.
In actual fact I think the parnell park/croke park switching could be psychologically counter produtive for Dublin players.
It might suit fans, but the primary focus is the team and winning things and not the fans (as harsh as that may seem but thats the reality).
A boycott is just plain stupid.

Was a cracking post alright Mike sheehy. Laoislad, I now know why I missed you in the gresham, I was looking out for a white man.
:D

thejuice

They're playing the next round of the O'Byrne Cup in Parnell Park. f**k sake if they had any respect for the Dublin fans they'd play it in Garristown
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tyssam5

What's this about a boycott? Are the Dublin players not going to show up again?