How was it for you?

Started by Square Ball, December 26, 2008, 11:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Yeah, three partners from my firm were appointed administrators.  Didn't have to make anyone redundant, and Tacadoir as you say, a high proportion of the staff are students or part time workers.  Still, a job's a job.  They're trading on at the minute anyway.

No, they won't take gift vouchers, unfortunately anyone with a gift voucher must apply to the administrators, but I have a feeling that they'll be treated as any other creditor.  They hadn't sold any gift vouchers since the start of Dec though, so hopefully not too many Christmas presents will be affected.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 28, 2008, 01:33:21 PM

I wonder why they thouguht it was a good idea to get rid of the virgin name.
There was a management buy out last year when Branson sold the company, and he took the name with him.  

ONeill

Whilst your here Rois, no CT Chirstmas Cards or goody this year?

Had to go out and buy my own!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThere was a management buy out last year when Branson sold the company, and he took the name with him. 
Aye but I thought I read at the time that Branson was giving them the virgin title but they didnt want it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Thank god we diddnt get vouchers from them this year got £100 worth them last year fro the kids, this is what the web site is stating:

2. Customer Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I have a Zavvi gift voucher, can I redeem it?

It is expected that all customers who purchased zavvi gift vouchers from zavvi stores from 27 November 2008 will receive a full refund in respect of the unredeemed value of the gift vouchers. Unfortunately, it is not possible for vouchers to be redeemed in stores.

All customers who have unredeemed vouchers acquired since 27 November 2008 should write to the Joint Administrators at the following address, quoting their voucher number(s), enclosing the original voucher(s) and quoting their full name and address for return correspondence:

zavvi Vouchers
c/o The Joint Administrators of zavvi Group
Ernst & Young LLP
100 Barbirolli Square
Manchester
M2 3EY 

We recommend that customers keep a copy of vouchers for their records. 

Regrettably, it will not be possible to refund vouchers acquired prior to 27 November 2008. Customers with unredeemed vouchers acquired prior to 27 November 2008 should write to the Joint Administrators at the above address, asking for their claim to be registered as an unsecured claim. 

Please note, due to the large volumes of vouchers that are currently outstanding it is not possible to discuss individual customer queries in person at this stage.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

It is expected that all customers who purchased zavvi gift vouchers from zavvi stores from 27 November 2008 will receive a full refund in respect of the unredeemed value of the gift vouchers.
Just readng about this on another site and someone raises a good point, surely if they had any intention of refunding the voucher's worth it would be better just to accept the voucher in the shop rather than messing about with people writing to them and the cost it will take to then process the refunds.
No one will be getting a refund imo. 
Who's going to buy vouchers for any shop now?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

technically christmas isn't over.... the 3 kings didn't arrive till the 6th jan

anyway i had a very pleasant christmas, good craic with the family...  can't beat eating cadbury sweets for the breakfast!

nites out have been great ,,,, still a good few more to come !
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thebigfella on December 27, 2008, 05:40:12 PMWho cares, personally i think its none of your business or I don't care what you did. Although gimps like ziggy, who never get the ride, will love this thread as he can tell you every stroke of his cook he took over chrimbo.

Ziggy strokes his cook?

ziggysego

I go away for a few days from the board and I arrive back to see I'm being discussed in a crude manner!!

Anyway, I had a very pleasant Christmas. Too much food and drink as usual, but was fun non-the-less. Also met one of the cast from Shameless and John Daly, so that was exciting.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Mingling with celebrities is exciting hardstation.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I once mingled with Malachi Cush and got very excited. I was then ejected.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

quiet enough except for the bender in enniskillen on st stephen's day
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,