Bomb found at a gaa club

Started by FermGael, December 24, 2008, 05:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2008, 04:44:52 PM
Fairly new black 525 or 530d by any chance?
as Pat Molloy would say CIO
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on December 29, 2008, 10:21:14 PM
I'm not having a pop - and it's not a political statement - merely telling it as it is - if it's any different down your way then congratulations. But much of the old RUC still exists even if they're called something else and even if they wear a different uniform. They called the UDR something else but was it any less intimidating ?.
Orangeman, you clearly were having a pop - why say otherwise?

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on December 29, 2008, 11:51:38 AM
the new breed....... they will be looking for guys like you in cookstown soon.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 29, 2008, 12:05:23 PM
Aaah maguire, the Ruc hasnt existed since 2001.  Bless.  They can change the name and the uniform as much as they want but most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   

Quote from: carribbear on December 30, 2008, 05:28:30 AM
I agree. They are a totally different police force to the one that existed previously. The difference is day and night as far as professionalism and service is concerned looking after all sections of the community. without prejudice.

Thanks for the sarcasm. I'm not naive enough to think the police have changed overnight, but the Catholic population of the RUC was 8%; the Catholic population of the PSNI is around 25% now. Yes, many of the 'old guard' are still there, but that will change continually over the coming years.
Personally i've had dealings with the PSNI in relation to a car accident and an attempted robbery. I've encountered no prejudice.

And as for the effectiveness of the PSNI in some dodgy areas, just ask our southern contributers how much better the Gardai are in the 26 counties. Ask them how well they tackle crime in the rough areas of Limerick for example, and see whether the PSNI are failing because they were the RUC.

stew

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 02, 2009, 06:44:11 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 29, 2008, 10:21:14 PM
I'm not having a pop - and it's not a political statement - merely telling it as it is - if it's any different down your way then congratulations. But much of the old RUC still exists even if they're called something else and even if they wear a different uniform. They called the UDR something else but was it any less intimidating ?.
Orangeman, you clearly were having a pop - why say otherwise?

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on December 29, 2008, 11:51:38 AM
the new breed....... they will be looking for guys like you in cookstown soon.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 29, 2008, 12:05:23 PM
Aaah maguire, the Ruc hasnt existed since 2001.  Bless.  They can change the name and the uniform as much as they want but most of the scumbags that were there in 2001 are still there.   

Quote from: carribbear on December 30, 2008, 05:28:30 AM
I agree. They are a totally different police force to the one that existed previously. The difference is day and night as far as professionalism and service is concerned looking after all sections of the community. without prejudice.

Thanks for the sarcasm. I'm not naive enough to think the police have changed overnight, but the Catholic population of the RUC was 8%; the Catholic population of the PSNI is around 25% now. Yes, many of the 'old guard' are still there, but that will change continually over the coming years.
Personally i've had dealings with the PSNI in relation to a car accident and an attempted robbery. I've encountered no prejudice.

And as for the effectiveness of the PSNI in some dodgy areas, just ask our southern contributers how much better the Gardai are in the 26 counties. Ask them how well they tackle crime in the rough areas of Limerick for example, and see whether the PSNI are failing because they were the RUC.

The PSNI are toothless, useless and are about as effective at keeping law and order as they were when they were known as the ruc.

The courts dont help but then again they dont help temselves, they use the sc**bag drug dealers in armagh as touts and let them run rampant in the town causing all sorts of harm and when they do bring these hoors to court they get off with mickey mouse fines.

oh, just for good measure they still harass Catholics like they used to which is nice. :-\

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2008, 04:44:52 PM
Fairly new black 525 or 530d by any chance?

Think everyone knows the fella your commenting on. Not a nice character, not a nice face either, but mainly not a nice character!!

The Iceman

Sometimes you wonder how the "old guard" as some on here have called them stand by and let these new thugs run the place?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: The Iceman on January 13, 2009, 01:49:48 PM
Sometimes you wonder how the "old guard" as some on here have called them stand by and let these new thugs run the place?

Iceman, it's as simple as this.  There is no room for debate.  It's their way or else.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something