Graham Poll

Started by Hoof Hearted, December 23, 2008, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Apologies if this has been brought up in a seperate thread but did anyone hear this dick last night.

He confirmed what the rest of us already thought - that last nights referee should have taken into consideration that he was sending off the England captain !! WTF
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gabriel_Hurl

Poll certainly didn't take it into account when he sent him off a few years back

Minus15

didn't hear this. What exactly were his comments Hoof?

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteReflecting on the straight red, dished out for a rash, high tackle on Toffees star Leon Osman by Phil Dowd after he consulted his assistants, Poll said: "You have to remember you are sending off the England captain."

He continued in his Daily Mail newspaper column: "I know very well that, although all players should be treated equally, there is great pressure on an official when dealing with the England captain."

Main Street

It's a long tradition that the England captain should receive special treatment.
especially when there are baseless accusations about flying boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

Shamrock Shore

I heard that comment and thought it a strange one. He did imply England skippers should be immune from red cards as it may affect international duties etc. He also claimed that the ref wasn't in communication with the 4th official/assistant ref even though he was clearly talking into the mic and fixing the ear piece at the same time. Said the ref had paniced and was deflecting to give him time to think and to reflect on what he was about to do.

A complete tosser.

For the record I thought the red card was justified (my opinion as I am no soccer expert)

Minus15

what a c**k Graham Poll is! he is basically saying that if he saw an engand captain making a tacke that deserved a red card he would think twice about sending him off! Just shows his incompetency as a ref! He would rather give him 3 yellows! p***k!

Norf Tyrone

Lads I think something is getting mixed up somehwere along they way here.
I didn't see the match, and briefly seen the tackle since. Poll and Terry DO NOT get on, and the little I heard of Poll on Monday night was anti John Terry. I think he was speaking tounge in cheek and got mis interpreted.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone