Cork Strikers on the wrong side of Jesus

Started by Bud Wiser, December 19, 2008, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 21, 2008, 12:35:26 PM
QuoteI must say that the above post is one of the most ill-informed crock of shit posts ever posted on here.

Maybe you don't understand it?  Put simply, if there was a rule against bringing the game into disrepute like the Brits have in football the entire Cork team would be suspended, not now, but every year for the last three years.  They are, in my opinion, a scab on the side of the GAA at the moment.  That's the first thing.  The second one is that priests, and as I said, I have experience of this, do stick their noses in where they are not wanted, like only last week when the bishp said that we have to learn how to live a less extravagant lifestyle only for the Herald to reveal on Friday that the same bishop was spending half a million euro upgrading his Dublin mansion.

Now, whether it is a crock of shit post or not it is my opinion.  The fact that you used the word "shit" in your reply tends to lead me to believe you are not a priest yourself which in turn leads me to think you must be from Cork in which case I am really really sorry for you, or from the GPA in which case I am really, really, really sorry for you.

Christ you're clever for a Laois man. As for your "Anyway they are shite" from an earlier quote above... well, they don't give out AI medals for free, man, but you'd not know much about that. Can't even win Leinster.

UP THE GPA! I'm off to spend my grant.

Have yoi it spent yet Steve ??  ;)

stevetharlear

Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 06:27:26 PM
QuoteI must say that the above post is one of the most ill-informed crock of shit posts ever posted on here.

Maybe you don't understand it?  Put simply, if there was a rule against bringing the game into disrepute like the Brits have in football the entire Cork team would be suspended, not now, but every year for the last three years.  They are, in my opinion, a scab on the side of the GAA at the moment.  That's the first thing.  The second one is that priests, and as I said, I have experience of this, do stick their noses in where they are not wanted, like only last week when the bishp said that we have to learn how to live a less extravagant lifestyle only for the Herald to reveal on Friday that the same bishop was spending half a million euro upgrading his Dublin mansion.

Now, whether it is a crock of shit post or not it is my opinion.  The fact that you used the word "shit" in your reply tends to lead me to believe you are not a priest yourself which in turn leads me to think you must be from Cork in which case I am really really sorry for you, or from the GPA in which case I am really, really, really sorry for you.

Christ you're clever for a Laois man. As for your "Anyway they are shite" from an earlier quote above... well, they don't give out AI medals for free, man, but you'd not know much about that. Can't even win Leinster.

Long long gone OM, the price of these "protein shakes" is murder what with the state of sterling!!! ;)

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 23, 2008, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 23, 2008, 06:27:26 PM

Long long gone OM, the price of these "protein shakes" is murder what with the state of sterling!!! ;)

;) ;) ;)   Enjoy !!

SLIGONIAN

The thing i dont understand is I read all the statements in full. McCarthys main argument was that the same players who want him ousted are the same players who were quoted strongly praising his approach to management a few months ago. So how can he be incompetent, McCarthy further adds about the set up and I can honestly say it impressed the hell out of me. Nothing seemed left to chance.

Can someone explain what exactly the Cork hurlers are looking for? Because to me it has nothing to do with McCarthys standard as a manager and more to do with politics in Cork GAA.

The only thing I will say is Like ROY KEANE who found a new respect for Mick McCarthy when he started managing himself, the Cork players who no doubt some will go on to manage Cork will soon see the other side of the coin and may cop on then.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Reillers

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 30, 2008, 10:45:56 AM
The thing i dont understand is I read all the statements in full. McCarthys main argument was that the same players who want him ousted are the same players who were quoted strongly praising his approach to management a few months ago

In the confidential document, that was set up by a facilitator who was brought in by the players to help them and the manager get along, to clear the air, they were made write POSITIVE things down about McCarthy, that document was then given to McCarthy and that was that, that is until McCarthy leaked it to the press, breaching the trust, destroying whatever trust was left, all to make the players look two faced.
So how can he be incompetent, McCarthy further adds about the set up and I can honestly say it impressed the hell out of me. Nothing seemed left to chance.

Can someone explain what exactly the Cork hurlers are looking for? Because to me it has nothing to do with McCarthys standard as a manager and more to do with politics in Cork GAA.

The only thing I will say is Like ROY KEANE who found a new respect for Mick McCarthy when he started managing himself, the Cork players who no doubt some will go on to manage Cork will soon see the other side of the coin and may cop on then.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Reillers on December 30, 2008, 12:40:54 PM
The thing i dont understand is I read all the statements in full. McCarthys main argument was that the same players who want him ousted are the same players who were quoted strongly praising his approach to management a few months ago

In the confidential document, that was set up by a facilitator who was brought in by the players to help them and the manager get along, to clear the air, they were made write POSITIVE things down about McCarthy, that document was then given to McCarthy and that was that, that is until McCarthy leaked it to the press, breaching the trust, destroying whatever trust was left, all to make the players look two faced.
So how can he be incompetent, McCarthy further adds about the set up and I can honestly say it impressed the hell out of me. Nothing seemed left to chance.

McCarthy made it sound like it was a newspaper interview the quotes were from, back his case up strongly but it seems i was misinformed, thanks reillers for that as i havnt read the other thread in full. Sounds very messy at this stage though. This yr may have no solution.

Breaking confidential agreements is a very low blow and is that in the public domain that the players were made write positive things and McCarthy broke the agreement? Very sad to hear that shite going on.

McCarthy like Holland will have to go is the one and only solution.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stevetharlear

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 30, 2008, 01:02:21 PM

McCarthy made it sound like it was a newspaper interview the quotes were from, back his case up strongly but it seems i was misinformed, thanks reillers for that as i havnt read the other thread in full. Sounds very messy at this stage though. This yr may have no solution.

Breaking confidential agreements is a very low blow and is that in the public domain that the players were made write positive things and McCarthy broke the agreement? Very sad to hear that shite going on.

One of the more senior players, Timmy McCarthy, 3 time All Ireland winner, when told he HAD to write something positive about the manager wrote...

"Always very well groomed". Funny how Ger didn't publish that one. ;D

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 30, 2008, 04:23:09 PM

One of the more senior players, Timmy McCarthy, 3 time All Ireland winner, when told he HAD to write something positive about the manager wrote...

Timmy's a nice lad himself for a farmer !!!  ;) ;)

Reillers

LOL!! Maybe next time Gerald will remember what club Timmy Mac plays for, who knows that might have saved us the whole hastle.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 30, 2008, 06:05:41 PM

LOL!! Maybe next time Gerald will remember what club Timmy Mac plays for, who knows that might have saved us the whole hastle.

But sure who cares about the clubs Reillers - the Senior hurlers certainly don't ! All they care about is themselves - oh - and the wheels of course !

JMohan

If that is true it says so much!
haha

stevetharlear

Quote from: orangeman on December 30, 2008, 05:46:50 PM
Timmy's a nice lad himself for a farmer !!!  ;) ;)

Playing hurling for Cork automatically makes you a "lasher". ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Reillers on December 30, 2008, 06:05:41 PM

aye right, Ger not knowing Timmy's club was instrumental in this whole debacle.....

Croí na hÉireann

The thing i dont understand is I read all the statements in full. McCarthys main argument was that the same players who want him ousted are the same players who were quoted strongly praising his approach to management a few months ago. So how can he be incompetent, McCarthy further adds about the set up and I can honestly say it impressed the hell out of me. Nothing seemed left to chance.

:D priceless stuff Sligonian, keep em coming...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

THE BLUE AND GOLD

i guezz being 5th team im mun behind tipp water lim clare hurtz id be on the picket line to. looooool. drop the lot get people im who dont have there headz in the cloudz ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D