Mobile phones

Started by Fun Bobby, December 18, 2008, 12:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fun Bobby

In the market for a mobile phone for her in doors for Xmas, as I'm not a gadget man i would appreciate any suggestions, nothing fancy just a good phone thats good on handsfree in the car.

Cheers in advance

girt_giggler

ditto above, woman looking a new phone so just gonna get another one added to my contract. any ideas for a mobile communication device for said lady?

turkey+ham

Looking to upgrade my phone and not spend more than 30quid a month. Any suggestions out there? With O2 and they're not great value - like to keep to 18month contract.

Celt_Man

Can you get a cracked screen on a mobile fixed does anyone know?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

under the bar

Do mobile phones work like a real phone-box except you can use them anywhere?

Hardy

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 03, 2010, 12:11:14 AM

You can buy them on eBay. I got a replacement cover (not screen itself) for €5 + postage; son paid €20-odd + postage for a replacement touch screen for a Nokia 5230. YouTube is full of disassembly-reassembly instruction videos.

Alco Pup

Quote from: under the bar on September 03, 2010, 09:01:49 AM
Do mobile phones work like a real phone-box except you can use them anywhere?

;D ;D ;D

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy S last week, must admit its the first time I've fallen in love with something non-alcohol related.

Think I got a fairly good deal in phone 4 u - got the handset free, 2 free "emergency" samsung handsets, free accessory kit, free in car charger, free car cradle, free memory card, free bluetooth headset, free dongle with £10 on it, free prepaid card (one of them bad boys you use for booking flights, with no added card fees and free luggage allowance), erm...forget what else.

I would use a fair few texts andcalls and stuff, so I got 600 free minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited downloads for £35 per month.

Am as happy as a spide after his first sniff of the day!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 03, 2010, 12:11:14 AM

Depends on how bad inside the phone is damaged if you cracked the screen by dropping it.
I cracked the screen on my iphone 3gs,brought it into a phone repair shop as I thought all it needed was a new screen.
The ginger geek behind the counter though told me the mother board or something to that effect was fecked and it couldn't be repaired..Using a 6 year old Nokia now  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

If I buy a mobile in the US will it work over here?

armaghniac

QuoteIf I buy a mobile in the US will it work over here?

A quad band GSM mobile will. The US is not a great place to buy a mobile, buy jeans instead and buy the mobile here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RMDrive

I bought an unlocked GT540 from ebay and have loaded my vodafone SIM to it. When I try to update to android 2.1, I get a message (from the Mobile Update Tool) sayin that the phone software (1.6) is up to date.

Any ideas why this would be?

Radda bout yeee

Due an upgrade - but i'm happy enough with my iphone so i was thinking about getting a blackberry torch for free - how much would i expect to get to sell it on???

The Worker

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 14, 2011, 12:55:21 PM
Due an upgrade - but i'm happy enough with my iphone so i was thinking about getting a blackberry torch for free - how much would i expect to get to sell it on???

il buy it off ya for a ton

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: The Worker on May 14, 2011, 01:56:35 PM

Just cause i'm asking the question - doesn't mean i'm stupid!  ::)

The Worker

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 14, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
Quote from: The Worker on May 14, 2011, 01:56:35 PM

Just cause i'm asking the question - doesn't mean i'm stupid!  ::)

just making you an offer, no need for the bad manners!