Most memorable score

Started by T O Hare, December 11, 2008, 01:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

you'll go a long way to find a better score than eamon burns' point against down in 91. best score i've ever seen

Zapatista

Quote from: Yes I Would on December 11, 2008, 02:42:20 PM
Also the score in the 98 final instigated by Michael Donnellan and finished by Sean Og i always rememeber as a beauty due to its fluidity and simplicity.

This was a great score but I don't think it was rare enough to be the most memorable. I have seen countless of scores of this quality I just don't remember them.

Puckoon

Matty McGleenans fisted goal against Cavan in an ulster championship final (97 I think??)
Sean McLaughlins point that never was - how Ill never forget that one.
Mulligans Goal in 2005 - both of them against the dubs actually.

mattockranger

Eoin bradley got a goal against down a couple of years ago in a qualifer game against down..majestic!

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: southderryman on December 11, 2008, 05:14:51 PM
you'll go a long way to find a better score than eamon burns' point against down in 91. best score i've ever seen

the solo dummy - then outside of the boot over the black spot?

mattockranger

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Jinxy

Quote from: thebandit on December 11, 2008, 02:51:21 PM
Armagh - Oisín's goal in AIF 2002, fisted point v Dubs 2002, second goal v Down in 1999. Marsden's point v Derry 1998. John Mac x 2 v Dublin in 03. Houlie shaking the wire!

Monaghan - Tommy's goal v Tyrone in 2006, Mark Ward's own point v Meath in 2005! Locky's goal in Ballybofey in 1995, Stephen McGinnitty's double in Blayney in 1993 and of course...... Eamon McEneaney's point v Kerry in 1985

It was a goal.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tierworker blue

Jinxy

Geraghty never got the credit he deserved for a peach of a goal against Tyrone in '96.
Meath were savage that day!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Dreamer

Peter Canavans free with the 2nd last kick of the game to defeat Armagh in 2005. What a perfect way to end the 3 match series between the 2 counties especially after the sending off of Canavan in the Ulster Final. The crying game or whatever it was called from earlier in the year didnt seem so funny then.

ardal

Fitzy equaliser semi 2001 (?) to go to replay

tierworker blue

Quote from: Puckoon on December 11, 2008, 05:22:08 PM
Matty McGleenans fisted goal against Cavan in an ulster championship final (97 I think??)

That was '95. I watched that game from way up in a tree at the corner of the pitch since there were no tickets to be had. There was just meself and me auld lad in blue and about a dozen Tyrone lads. Every time we scored me auld boy shook the tree so hard that a few lads would hit the ground and have to climb back up nursing sore bits! Matty Mc Gleenan put an end to the shaking eventually!

thebandit

Quote from: Jinxy on December 11, 2008, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: thebandit on December 11, 2008, 02:51:21 PM
Armagh - Oisín's goal in AIF 2002, fisted point v Dubs 2002, second goal v Down in 1999. Marsden's point v Derry 1998. John Mac x 2 v Dublin in 03. Houlie shaking the wire!

Monaghan - Tommy's goal v Tyrone in 2006, Mark Ward's own point v Meath in 2005! Locky's goal in Ballybofey in 1995, Stephen McGinnitty's double in Blayney in 1993 and of course...... Eamon McEneaney's point v Kerry in 1985

It was a goal.

Tá an ceart agat Jinxy!!!! Some moment..... the conspiracy theory started immediately that it was Charles McCarthy (Father is a prominent Ballybay man and Charles and Paul Finlay are first cousins)

stew

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 11, 2008, 09:30:02 PM
Peter Canavans free with the last kick of the game to defeat Armagh in 2005. What a perfect way to end the 3 match series between the 2 counties especially after the sending off of Canavan in the Ulster Final. The crying game or whatever it was called from earlier in the year didnt seem so funny then.

if thats your idea of a great score you are hard up for great scores. It was never a free to begin with, then the feckin ref moves the ball up to make sure the wee bastid couldnt miss and Tyrone get what they didnt deserve in that game, a win.

:'(

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 11, 2008, 09:30:02 PM
Peter Canavans free with the last kick of the game to defeat Armagh in 2005.

If that was a pub-quiz answer you'd get nil points!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.