Christmas Grub

Started by Puckoon, December 10, 2008, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Its getting to that time of year again, and I was wondering if anyone cared to post their recipes for Christmas dinner on here.

Anything different or unusual that some of the rest of us might try?

Me - this year Im making a turducken.

Its sausage stuffing in a chicken in a duck in a turkey.

I dont think Ill actually make the thing, maybe just buy one pre made and stick it in the oven.

Now, whose gonna give me a recipe for some tasty side dishes?

SidelineKick

Jesus it looks rotten!

I hate stuffin like that, need the real dry stuff not the stuff you could mould into a ball.

Xmas dinner at the Kick household usually consists of:

Turkey, ham, brussel sprouts, peas, carrots, stuffin, spuds and roast spuds, cocktail sausages, onion rings, maybe a yorkshire puddin. Lots of gravy too of course.

Could be missing something!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah - the infamous turducken  :D

Square Ball

jezus Puckm you couldnt get a slice of that in a sandwich, not sure about it myself, but I would thnk there would be much room for side dishes after that,

I am a turkey, roasties, stuffing, mashies, peas, sprouts (3) turnip andas SK says, loads of gravvy, man myself
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

leenie

looks gross!

you'd have to be some hound to eat that!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

Im in accord with most of your dishes there, but peas and/or turnips on Christmas? Kick - onion rings!?? WTF - do yiz own a chipper or something?

SidelineKick

Quote from: Puckoon on December 10, 2008, 06:41:39 PM
Im in accord with most of your dishes there, but peas and/or turnips on Christmas? Kick - onion rings!?? WTF - do yiz own a chipper or something?

:D I know!  We just seemed to add things for a few years and turns out onion rings go very well with that whole setup!  Worth a try, I'll even post ya one if you want!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Puckoon

Lots of people over here deep frying the turkey these days. Havnt had it myself but apparently it is great. NIce and juicy and done in 20 mins.

DrinkingHarp

Puck, had the deep fried turkey twice. It was the most tender turkey ever, just don't tip over the fryer huge fire potential.

This year I am cooking some prime rib, baked potato, french cut green beans and fresh bread- simple and delicious.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

Green Bean Casserole is the business  ;D ;D ;D ;D

leenie

how would ya fry a 19lb turkey?

starters = roasted parsnip and honey soup.............

i feel left out at the christmas dinner as i hate trifle and 90% of deserts......they either forget about me or i have ice cream!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: leenie on December 10, 2008, 07:13:52 PMi feel left out at the christmas dinner as i hate trifle and 90% of deserts......they either forget me about or i have ice cream!

*dons Ziggy hat*

ahhh leenie - you can over to mine for dessert

*takes off Ziggy hat*

Tony Baloney

The inlaws insist on melon for a starter. What's that all about? Anyone else get that landed on the table?
I like traditional turkey, ham, spuds, roasties (have to be done in the oven in dripping not your deep fried school canteen jobs), sprouts, carrots, parsnips and gravy. Can take or leave anything else.
Hard to beat xmas pudding for dessert but it kills me with heartburn.

Treasurer

Vol a vents, soup then turkey, honey roast ham, bread stuffing, potato stuffing,  mashed carrots and parsnips, roast spuds, sprouts, mashed spuds, gravy. Trifle or pudding, usually several hours later. Hungry now. How come no other dinner tastes like it!

maggie

Coat the parsnips in honey and wholegrain mustard before roasting them.
Goose fat on the spuds before you roast them works a treat.
Leenie-try marks and sparks meringue nests filled with fresh cream, then slice up some fruit and crumble some flake over the top.